#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

It can make a large difference, because the theaters can get in an extra showing. The theater I went to had, I think, four showings: 10pm, 11pm, midnight, and 1am, which would take up three screens (the 10pm and 1am shows were on the same screen.)If you allow them to get showings started at 8pm, you allow two extra showings with the same setup (8pm leads to the 11pm show, and 9pm, leads to the midnight show.) 7pm would add another showing on top of that.(And then you double the number of screens required if you're doing both 2D and 3D.)

But if all showings aren't full what difference does it make for a extra show? I agree that the 10pm start time dissuaded a few people from going, but not more then a half a mills worth of gross.

STFU Noctis you Racist.. Go stir the pot elsewhere like you do best..

Excuse me? Fighting my parents because they're derogatory against blacks makes ME racist? Lol...you're funny. I find it fascinating how you distort things so wildly.
  • Like 1

Fine.. I'll withdraw my comment.. Noctis, I'm sorry I said that.. I was out of line and being a typical fanboy who's defending his territory like a dog..

This post reeks of being written under a ban-threat.

• Founder / Operator

Fine.. I'll withdraw my comment.. Noctis, I'm sorry I said that.. I was out of line and being a typical fanboy who's defending his territory like a dog..

Good decision.

;)

• Like 1

But if all showings aren't full what difference does it make for a extra show? I agree that the 10pm start time dissuaded a few people from going, but not more then a half a mills worth of gross.

You want to provide options for more people, even if it's less than capacity. It's not going to double the gross, or probably even add 50%, but at 8pm, this probably could have cracked 10m, which does change the story the next day, even if it doesn't make a large difference in the end.

They have a theater with reclining seats like that in Hiton Head, SC. Tickets are still only like $8. Sorry, I just had too.

My local theater is 7 for evening and 5 for matinee, it's good quality and decent seating as well.