#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

X-Men is every 4 and yet FF is every 7?  Interesting.

Fox got a good deal they knew that the XM franchise rights are valuable than FF.  But in the scheme of MCU the FF characters are more relevant.  Especially if they go cosmic.

If it is five years, it's not long enough for a hiatus. Batman had eight years, Bond six and a half. Fast and X-Men managed to be revived in shorter time (if DOFP is anything to go by), but they kept the same actors. Another problem is locale, you can't exactly take Spidey out of NYC, whereas all those other franchises managed to get to different and interesting places.

X-Men really though only kept Jackman going as his character between X3 and DOFP. FC was essentially a reboot with the characters but different actors and that was 5 years later and then 3 more until it re-introduced the older versions in this melding.

Spider-man's locations could be more diverse within NYC if the writers and directors were more creative - or if Sony let them be. Though what the series really needs is better scripts.

X-Men is every 4 and yet FF is every 7?  Interesting.

Hmm...Didn't FF:ROTSS release in 2007? So this year why isn't FF going back to Marvel? Or does Fox only need to have a movie in production to keep the rights?

Hmm...Didn't FF:ROTSS release in 2007? So this year why isn't FF going back to Marvel? Or does Fox only need to have a movie in production to keep the rights?

Yes just production - they had to do it this year and basically just beat the reversion deadline by months.  Considering they announced a re-boot in 2009 they have really been dragging their feet.

• Like 1

Not bad at all. Considering even Cap2 dropped the same. I wonder how it will do next weekend with malificent opening.

But ASM2 lost 20% not 40% of it's theaters.  Maybe it'll get a bigger bounce Saturday.  There really is no other major film in the market place now for younger children.  Unless one wants to consider that Oz abomination major.

Yes just production - they had to do it this year and basically just beat the reversion deadline by months.  Considering they announced a re-boot in 2009 they have really been dragging their feet.

If Sony could drag it on to 2020, that's already an improvement.

Not bad at all. Considering even Cap2 dropped the same. I wonder how it will do next weekend with malificent opening.

They both lost around the same amount of theaters but CA2 was coming from a lesser theater counts, so the drop was expected to be even more severe. Spidey is in its 4th weekend versus 8th so i thought it should have held better at this stage of its run, especially with a Memorial day weekend.

Hell, it will have around a $8m weekend gross for three days while TTDW (which opened lower) at the same stage had a...$11M gross with CF and Frozen releases...

Edited by Ent

ok that makes sense. have you seen DOFP. Did you like it?

I started training for a new job this week.  Up at 3:30AM, commute two hours, in class for 8 hours and then another 3 hour commute home.  I haven't had time for anything yet this week.  :)

Having said that, I'm seeing it in 2 hours.  

• Like 7

• Founder / Operator

I started training for a new job this week.  Up at 3:30AM, commute two hours, in class for 8 hours and then another 3 hour commute home.  I haven't had time for anything yet this week.   :)

Having said that, I'm seeing it in 2 hours.  

Wow, 3 hours? That's just for training though, right?

• Like 1

Spider-man's locations could be more diverse within NYC if the writers and directors were more creative - or if Sony let them be. Though what the series really needs is better scripts.

It just feels very stifling when everything happens in New York. It's taken to absurd levels in the TASMs.