#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Watching Chef? Go for it. It's a simple straightforward movie but the characters are fun to watch. And the cooking!....makes me hungry just thinking about the food. :D

LOL Yes. That's what I was saying to Clavius. I saw the ad and the food and the drinks and the fancy table just drew my right in.

• Like 1

The month of May has been considered the start of summer for a long time. The Phantom Menace came out in May way back in '99. The Mummy Returns kicked off May with a huge OW back in '01. Spider-Man crushed every record imaginable back in '02 and made the first weekend of May one of the most coveted slots on the calendar.

Yes, hence my "a decade or so".  First week of May came into play in a very big way in '01 or '02.

Yes, hence my "a decade or so".  First week of May came into play in a very big way in '01 or '02.

Yea I think around the release of the first Spiderman movie back in 02 really solidified the whole open summer with bang notion...

Edited by AC Slater

• Community Manager

I'm still learning - rather poorly - this whole box office thing.  And it's been my understanding that May openers perform better than April openers, yet, so far this year they have performed about the same, with the April opener still ahead.  Anyone care to educate this relative newbie about what this means?

We had a really good April and a sub-par May.
  • Like 1

That drop for Godzilla is fucking AWFUL, and I say that as one of the movie's biggest defenders. WOM from people I know is mixed, but not in the TASM2 mixed sense where everyone just says "meh," Godzilla is mixed in half of the people thought it was fucking awesome, and the other half hated it with a passion. Two years for now, an off-topic weekend numbers thread in September is sure to be derailed further by a 20 page debate about this movie. 

I think Godzilla is the NYSM of 2014 in that you either "get it" or you don't. 

• Like 3

I disagree. I think Godzilla is either loved or liked. I have seen very little out-right hate. It's just that we are on the internet and those who says they didn't love the movie, get tagged as a haters at times. Then they get bitter and actually start hating.

Out of 73 grades on RTM, Godzilla has 56 A,B and 17 C,D

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

I disagree. I think Godzilla is either loved or liked. I have seen very little out-right hate. It's just that we are on the internet and those who says they didn't love the movie, get tagged as a haters at times. Then they get bitter and actually start hating.

Out of 73 grades on RTM, Godzilla has 56 A,B and 17 C,D

I've seen a lot of love and a lot of hate. Very little in between.