#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

And this is exactly what's going to happen with STAR WARS and the proposed spinoff's for that.. Too much is simply too much..

yeah! J.J. wiil have to do an oscar worth movie to bring back the masses in order to do the original BO number .IMO. X-Men F is still bleeding for the wolwerine and the last stand.

I love the series and characters. It's too bad Fox is not cracking their brains to save, sorry, improve the series' attendance. OS will clean up though. China numbers should be biggish, close to $90M is possible.

As i said on a previous thread.

It's an old franchise well set in its lifepan cycle.  It has reached its maturation point and will likely either decline, slightly increase or stabilize admission wise.  It won't increase that much at this stage unless it introduce a breakthrough concept or a technical one like with 3D.

Edited by Ent

After so many 270+ predictions here or from Ray Subers or filmnerdjamie... :) But I'm not surprised. That TLS + inflation / 3D argument was invalid. After X1 and X2 everybody wanted to see the big finale but with DOFP... I didn't feel that.

So DOFP was 7% behind Fast 6 on both Friday and Saturday. If the trend holds, it will finish with 222m.Alternatively, DOFP's Saturday gross is roughly the same as Hangover 2. If it mirrors it for the rest of the run, it will finish with 229m.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 1

So DOFP was 7% behind Fast 6 on both Friday and Saturday. If the trend holds, it will finish with 222m.Alternatively, DOFP's Saturday gross is roughly the same as Hangover 2. If it mirrors it for the rest of the run from here on, it will finish with 229m.

It will probably hold better given the fact is has much stronger WOM

This opening suggests that reviews are completely irrelevant for an X-Men movie. I know we say that about most blockbusters, but it's really acute with this franchise. I feel like even if it had a 50% RT score the box office would be the same.

• Like 6

Also, it seems that TASM2 will be crawling past 200m. Wolverine, Thor, IM3 all got around 2.5x multiplier from 4-day. TASM2 will have close to 10m 4-day which would mean 202m finish.Godzilla, despite the big drop this weekend, is on track for 210m+.

Edited by Fake

Are u guys forgetting that FC made 140 million dollars? This will pass 140 by next weekend sometime. So what if it "only" opens to 90 million. Its a big jump from the last one and that means peoplec are interested again. The herky jerky reactions here are silly. With a 90 mill opening itll probably do 220-240. Seems pretty typical for an Xmen movie.

• Like 10