Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

The movie is great. The drop is expected for a 4-day opener.

To you, it's great, to me it isn't. Not even close.But that's the beauty of the world, we all don't have to agree on everything.

XMO Wolverine – 85/180

Simpsons Movie – 74/183

Fast & Furious – 71/155

Day After Tomorrow – 69/187

Planet of the Apes – 68.5/180

Quantum of Solace – 67.5/168

Thor – 66/181

2012 – 65/166

Cap TFA – 65/177

Madagascar 2 – 63/180

Hulk – 62/132 

I think Tf4, Dragon all still have a good shot at 300 million. 

They both face far less competition then the Films of May 

There really hasn't been a lot of competition compared to previous Mays. ASM2 didn't fail to hold because of Neighbors, Godzilla didn't crash on Memorial Day weekend because of DOFP and DOFP didn't dive off it's holiday inflated numbers because of Maleficient.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

There really hasn't been a lot of competition compared to last May. ASM2 didn't fail to hold because of Neighbors, Godzilla didn't crash on Memorial Day weekend because of DOFP and DOFP didn't dive off it's holiday inflated numbers because of Maleficient.

True but for Dragon and Tf4 the comepetition is even less.

Tf4 does not face any competition till its 3rd weekend. 

Totally, I'm wondering if there's going to be a single blockbuster past 300 M in the US for the rest of the year. 

i agree

last time that happened was 2000 and the Grinch's $260m adjust to $384m nowadays

edit: THG will surely make it past $400m, but no $1b WW movie this year

Edited by Rudolf

Maybe this is just a down year and people will just go to the movies less for no immediately explicable reason. Every film gets hit. 2005 was like that (but I also think it was a much stronger year than some might give it credit for) and so was 2011 (just weak).

Well, Hobbits & Mockingjay will blast past $300M easily but this summer season is cursed. The curse of the $200M Grossers. $200M over here. $200M over there. $200M everywhere....

Over here, over there, everywhere....