Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

If I may indulge in the time honored tradition of random comments in these threads...

The CGI work in War of the Worlds is really incredible. It hasn't aged a day. Well done Spielberg.

I love War of the Worlds (except those WTF final moments). The CGI is truly incredible. 

Edited by CJohn

According to AMC's trivia that they have slapped on the screen throughout the movie, the "there is no spoon" kid was up for the role of Harry Potter and made it to the final auditioning rounds.

According to AMC's trivia that they have slapped on the screen throughout the movie, the "there is no spoon" kid was up for the role of Harry Potter and made it to the final auditioning rounds.

as if they were going to give it to anyone else

Posted Image

Edited by a2k
  • Like 6

That is what I meant with my post. It is probably because of that I don't love it like some do.

Memories.  I don't think walking out of a movie I ever quite had the feeling I did after I walked out of the Matrix. I was about a junior I think in high school- impressionable youth- and good God.  My mind was so blown with what I had just watched.  I just remember jumping around outside and just had a huge grin on my face…that truly was an epic for me.  As an even younger kid, the star wars movies on VHS amazed me.  But that teenage movie that just made me go nuts was the matrix no doubt- that feeling all fans of movies want to have after watching what you think is the greatest movie you've ever seen.

For that reason alone it remains in my top 5 ever(I love the 2nd also- no comment on 3rd)

Edited by holcs

What's awesome about the Matrix and what the W brothers (brother/sister) did is that the movie deals with so many themes (control, fate, reality, etc) and yet rather than sinking, the movie just works on all of the levels...

Plus coming out from the movie, it makes you think of all of those themes pushing you watch the movie again and again...it was self contained too and the release of the sequels in my opinion was not necessary...

Edited by AC Slater
  • Like 2

After watching The Matrix again when I was older (and actually understanding it) it prompted me to do a lot of research in eastern philosophy. I enjoyed it so much I actually considered majoring in it. 

Unfortunately I don't think that is where the money is.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

After watching The Matrix again when I was older (and actually understanding it) it prompted me to do a lot of research in eastern philosophy. I enjoyed it so much I actually considered majoring in it. 

Unfortunately I don't think that is where the money is.

I think you chose the red pill :)

• Like 1