Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

1.8 is midnight show is not good news for EOT though,with it's 175 Million budget. This comes on top of a soft Europeanng opening.

Good opening in Korea,but the Asian box office will not be enought to make this film profitible. It will break even, Warners will not lose money on it, but it won't make  what you expect from a budget this big in the way of profits.

EOT is going to be a very good movie that just got lost in the shuffle.

yeah. hopefully makes loads on dvd and blu-ray.

Just received Tele's gif for Little ED.

All I have to say right now is...

Posted Image

I knew Tele was a cheapskate. Sending gifs, probably took him 2 minutes to search for it online. :P Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

HTTYD2 would definitely slay the rest of the movies for awhile til TF4.

I think Dragon is going to slay Transformers 4 domestically this year.  I see it getting 325 domestic since there is no Pixar movie to fill in that audience this summer.  And I see people tiring of Michael Bay and the 4th movie in a series, so I see TF4 only getting 265 domestic.

I think the thing I'm most curious about is how frontloaded TFIOS is going to be.  Is it going to follow Twilight's drops for Saturday and Sunday, The Hunger Games, or be more stable like the first Harry Potter?

That goes back to point the other poster brought up. It will depend on how big this book fanbase is and on how much non book fans will opt to see it.

Maybe but it's always been referred to as such, and John Green always referred to it as TFIOS.

Maybe we all know FIOS is FIOS. 

That goes back to point the other poster brought up. It will depend on how big this book fanbase is and on how much non book fans will opt to see it.

I'm sure many are interested in a date movie that includes YA romance.  Don't see that around for this summer.

I'm sure many are interested in a date movie that includes YA romance.  Don't see that around for this summer.

I pretty much agree. This is evidenced by all of the venom from book fans toward non-book fans for seeing the movie without reading the book.

Maybe but it's always been referred to as such, and John Green always referred to it as TFIOS.

I see plenty of people referring to it as FIOS on Twitter, and FIOS or FAULT here. Don't see any problem with that (no matter how punctilious the author wants to be).

So Ed, when is the big day?

July 21st, however my wife's surprise baby shower(co-ed) is next Saturday. Tele and Pink were nice enough to purchase off my baby registry. 

Or they're up to something...  :ph34r:

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

I see plenty of people referring to it as FIOS on Twitter, and FIOS or FAULT here. Don't see any problem with that (no matter how punctilious the author wants to be).

Yeah. Everyone drops "The" from "The Empire Strikes Back" for 30+ years and no one's freaked over it.

• Like 5