Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Nuh uh, no 60s for the weekend.  Edge of Tomorrow will be a decent option for date night / GA movie fans looking for escapism.  Maleficient will also steal some of Fault's audience.

Maybe youre forgetting which film Is the competition here. Fault is competition for Maleficent not the other way around.
  • Like 4

Ugh no, it's just awful, juvenile, melodramatic, cliche, whiny shit. By the end I wished all the characters had been in the car with her.

Looking for Alaska is his best book bro. 

What do you think, FIOS Thursday > FIOS Sunday?

Although I definitely see it being frontloaded (aka getting a Twilight type multiplier on F-to-Weekend), It won't happen especially when the Flixster rating is at 93% so far.

Wouldnt be surprised if this hits 25 OD.

Same which was originally what I was thinking (and then have a huge drop off saturday/sun).  Now I'm not so sure.  I do think it will be front loaded.  But with the good reviews and seemingly excellent WOM I think it's going to get more GA appeal than I was initially expecting.  

This is going to open close to some of the tentpoles and that's saying something.  I think there's a very legitimate shot that it doubles EOT.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

Maybe youre forgetting which film Is the competition here. Fault is competition for Maleficent not the other way around.

I am not going to underestimate Disney or Angelina Jolie in their 2nd weekend.  Mal could get 35 million.  Especially since this summer schedule seems to have less kiddie-oriented or animated fare than normal.

Of course, but I really did read Looking for Alaska, and I really did think it was a massive turd.

See! Here's proof:

Took a quick look at the what the premises for his other books are and...oh yeah, I'd likely dislike all of them.

• Like 1