Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Can you explain what you mean here?  How did they waste it?  

Because a film as 'good' as Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise shouldn't feel just 'thrown out there' ... it had a mediocre trailer that failed to interest me in the slightest.  The reviews got me in the theater at the last second, but they seemed to put so much marketing attention on Godzilla that this was sort of lost over the last few months.  Why spend 175 million on a movie and just sort of let it die.

• Like 2

Let's stop make male driven action films. They always flop or have shitty legs.

Let's all just make YA, animation, R comedies from now on. That's all audience wants. They can open to 50m off 12m budget. Easy money.

Yeah they always succeed. Except for Beautiful Creatures, Mortal Instruments, Legends of Oz, Free Birds, 21 and Over, A Million Ways to Die in the West, and countless others. All big hits.

• Like 2

They should've given EOT the Godzilla treatment in its marketing.

Oh, is that all they should have done?  lol.

Godzilla's marketing isn't something you just bottle up and sell in a flea market.  The marketing for that film was a stroke of genius......not easily replicated.

• Like 2

WB should be ashamed that they wasted the potential of Edge of Tomorrow.  It's 10x more entertaining than all the promos and trailers made it out to be. 

Not to mention that they moved JA so their dead in the middle of summer July spot is now free, which EoT could have utilized. Even with the competition then, it would have been better to keep distance from the 4 90m+ April-May openers.

Edited by a2k

Oh, is that all they should have done?  lol. Godzilla's marketing isn't something you just bottle up and sell in a flea market.  The marketing for that film was a stroke of genius......not easily replicated.

Yes. Or at the very least not just let it fall by the wayside.

Reviews are definitely the reason I'm gonna check out EOT. The trailers never interested me in the slightest.

WOM is why I'm going to check it out today.  I don't care about reviews, but those here who have seen it say it was great.

Yeah they always succeed. Except for Beautiful Creatures, Mortal Instruments, Legends of Oz, Free Birds, 21 and Over, A Million Ways to Die in the West, and countless others. All big hits.

None of those is $180m budgeted flop ....  :rolleyes:

With 180m, you can try 10+ FAULTs.