Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

If USA comes from a draw or victory over Ghana, it would mean USA would pass to the next phase of the World Cup. 

You are assuming that Portugal won't beat Germany. I am telling you, they will beat Germany because...

Ok, I have no reason to believe Portugal, USA or Ghana will beat Germany.

If USA comes from a draw or victory over Ghana, it would mean USA would pass to the next phase of the World Cup. 

I'm still shocked that Landon Donovan was left out of the roster.  He brings leadership and charisma to the team.  I mean watching him and his team win the CONCACAF shows. 

Well... He is the richest eligible bachelor around. But you couldn't tell it from that movie. :lol: McFadyen has plenty of charisma. I just think he played it too humble and shy. D'arcy is arrogant. He's rich, handsome and knows he's a catch.

Yeah there's a reason the novel is titled Pride & Predjudice.

Best dashing charismatic arrogant aristocratic on screen Darcy -  Laurence Olivier. 

Rintoul is also very good in a stiffer less charismatic manner in the 1980s mini-series which is probably closest to the novel Darcy.

I know there are avid Firth-ists but he's too puppy dog eyed soft as Darcy for me.

Great point. I think it may have been another small factor, too.

This. My somewhat biased opinion on the rest of the movie aside, the McAvoy/Stewart scene is one of the most powerful scenes of the entire comic book movie pantheon.

Shawn did you like Godzilla?

You are assuming that Portugal won't beat Germany. I am telling you, they will beat Germany because...

Ok, I have no reason to believe Portugal, USA or Ghana will beat Germany.

Germany has few players injured (the last is Reus)

Hey Klingo! I watched that but maybe I'm confused. This is where he's first introduced. I thought you meant when she actually went to his estate and met his sister. I was saying she already knew at that point how wealthy he was.

Well I meant to say she underestimated his wealth in a way.  Just going up to the front of the mansion and seeing her laugh like Darcy proved her wrong or something.  I'm thinking the miserable half in the clip is referring to his estate right?

It's getting a sequel. :(

I doubt there will be a sequel for Maleficent. There's no way Disney will green light the movie w/out Angelina. Though she said it was fun, she will likely do less movies and focus on directing.

Well I meant to say she underestimated his wealth in a way.  Just going up to the front of the mansion and seeing her laugh like Darcy proved her wrong or something.  I'm thinking the miserable half in the clip is referring to his estate right?

I never thought about it. I'll watch the movie again and check for it. You could be right.

The first line of the novel tells you everyone knows how wealthy Darcy is. 

'It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.'

-- Jane Austen,  Pride & Prejudice

It's why the mother wants the father to go over and introduced himself.  They know how much he makes a year, what and where his estate is and who his relatives are.

• Like 1

More importantly, did he like "Edge of Tomorrow". Kind of disappointing that such a good movie will open so low. I am basically evangelizing the movie to everyone I know. Already got a lot of people saying they will watch it just because I was so positive about it. 

• Like 6

• Founder / Operator

I'm almost afraid to answer that. ;)

But, yes... overall, I thought it had more redeeming qualities than negative ones. It's not likely something I'll buy on Blu-ray (my personal litmus test)--unless it's $10 or less, but I had fun watching it in theaters. That's basically all I expected out of it. I like Edwards' potential.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

I'm almost afraid to answer that.

But, yes... overall, I thought it had more redeeming qualities than negative ones. It's not likely something I'll buy on Blu-ray (my personal litmus test)--unless it's $10 or less, but I had fun watching it in theaters. That's basically all I expected out of it. I like Edwards' potential.

:lol:

Glad that you enjoyed it.

• Like 1