Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Maleficent: 128 million in 10 days.  142 after 14 days.  16.5 3rd weekend?  It would need 58 million more after being out 2 full weeks to hit 200M.  It would need 65 more after 2 weeks to reach a 3.0 multiplier.  I do not think HTTY2 will hurt it other than another 50% drop.

I think it gets to 160 after its 3rd weekend and a 17M weekend. 

179 after the 4th weekend.

190 after 5th weekend.

197 after 6th weekend (4th of July)

2.4 7th weekend - 201 total

1.4 8th weekend - 203.5 total

0.8 9th weekend - 205 total

209.2 finish.

Meh, it's a movie so... The movies on my list were the only Tom Cruise movies I've seen

I highly recommend you watch more of his films. I think you'll enjoy them.He has tackled numerous genres and did fabulous job in almost all of them.Growing up watching his movies, he is the biggest movie star I've ever witnessed.
  • Like 1

Always good to wake up to the Incredibles

Alway good to wake up to anything directed by Brad Bird. 

Also i can't help but be a little disapointed in EoT's nimbers. I was really hoping it could at least match Oblivion if not cros 40M. :(

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

FiOS's drop is not shocking. From full Friday it's a lot more than Twilight but it's similar to Twilight from non-preview Friday.

Twilight was 7m + 29m + 21.2m(-26.9%)

FiOS is 8.2m + 17.9m + 12.5m(-30.1%)

Thursday previews are getting bigger and bigger with more showtimes and more efficient marketing(thanks to social media and other tech) targeted on fans. So Fridays will only get more front-loaded in the future.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

FiOS's drop is not shocking. From full Friday it's a lot more than Twilight but it's similar to Twilight from non-preview Friday.

Twilight was 7m + 29m + 21.2m(-26.9%)

FiOS is 8.2m + 17.9m + 12.3m(-31.2%)

Thursday previews are getting bigger and bigger with more showtimes and more efficient marketing(thanks to social media and other tech) targeted on fans. So Fridays will only get more front-loaded in the future.

If Fault follows Twilight's drop, it will fall 41.9% on Sunday from Saturday. :ph34r:

If Fault follows Twilight's drop, it will fall 41.9% on Sunday from Saturday. :ph34r:

That was November though. This being June will mitigate the Sunday drop. But writing-off nothing ;)

Edited by a2k

Twilight was November, and had Thanksgiving weekend to soften the 2nd week drop. So even though FIOS may not drop 40% today, it's legs may not match Twilight due to a lack of holidays on the horizon.

Fault "not being as big as many thought" is kind of misleading.  In fact, Fault opened bigger than most people thought it would.  Before Blankments and Panda started hyping it up, not many really knew anything about it.  Opening to less than 50 million doesn't make it a disappointment. In fact, it's one of the biggest surprises of the year so far.  A novel about cancer patients falling in love, doesn't exactly scream monster break out, and yet that's exactly what it did.

• Like 2

Twilight was November, and had Thanksgiving weekend to soften the 2nd week drop. So even though FIOS may not drop 40% today, it's legs may not match Twilight due to a lack of holidays on the horizon.

Even if it has Twilight's meager multiplier of say 2.2, it pushes it close to 110 mill.  From a 12 million dollar budget, I'm sure Fox will be happy with that.

• Like 2

FiOS's ow of 48-49m would have been more than enough to make it a success had it grossed that much in the entire domestic run.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

But FIOS also has summer weekdays.  So it all balances out.

• Like 1

FiOS's ow of 48-49m would have been more than enough to make it a success had it grossed that much in the entire domestic run.

I'll be honest, before some of the members here started hyping the shit out of this, I would have thought this would be a 12-18 million dollar opener with some nice legs due to good WOM.  On my own, I never would have thought this would open north of 45 mill.

Perspective.

• Like 3