Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Looper is apparently underrated on these forums

When that movie came out, there were a bunch of loons calling it the next The Matrix.  Its a good movie, but it was very overrated around here when it came out.  Maybe people came back to reality.

• Like 2

I think Fault will drop big next weekend thanks to 22JS, but following that it should have good legs to get to 130M+

I'm calling a 75% drop next weekend. It will hit 110M or so.

If it is a movie with 2 female leads and it does not pass The Bechdel Test, it is pathetic.

Wasn't it three female leads - Diaz, Mann, and Upton? I can't say I'm surprised at the heavy young/female skew (the lines of teenage girls I saw when I left the theater on Friday were insane), but it's still insane to see it in front of you. 80+% female audience. And yeah, Deathly Hallows 2 was a monster. $90 million opening *day* is on another level.

Watching ROTPOTA. Hate to say this but the FX already look aged.

What they did with the effects was always more impressive then what it looked like IMO. The CGI wasn't amazing, but they created very truthful and believable performances which was pretty extraordinary. Totally stood on the shoulders of Avatar but they successfully brought motion capture technology into an outdoor and live action environment.

They'll say they bought tickets to FIOS thinking that was the sci-fi picture and EoT was the weepy about dying kids.

It's funny, because THE FAULT IN OUR STARS sounds like an Interstellar-eque sci-fi film and EDGE OF TOMORROW sounds like a cheesy soap opera