grim22

Tuesday Numbers: FIOS 5.0, MAL 4.7, EOT 3.5, DOFP 2.0

Yea but DOFP may not exceed X3 or FF6 which is kinda hard on people who are dead set to anoint this as the biggest superhero movie of 2014

Those folks need to, if they haven't already, move past that. The film accomplished what it needed to for FOX and the franchise as a whole. Placing 2nd isn't bad....unless GotG pulls a CA:TWS and surpass all expectations as well. 

• Like 2

Strange because Fault was very busy here on Monday. But yes the Tues drop would seem to indicate that either it was abnormally busy onMonday or abnormally quiet. On Tuesday.

• Like 1

Strange because Fault was very busy here on Monday. But yes the Tues drop would seem to indicate that either it was abnormally busy onMonday or abnormally quiet. On Tuesday.

The whole movie is acting quite abnormally.

• Like 2

I think it's just because Disney stopped reporting dailies for Cap 2. it has hit the mark where they usually stop and only report weekly/weekend numbers.

Disney didn't report and WB found some extra money.

• Like 1

Nearly all of the movies this summer have been getting glowing reviews, when the worst reviewed movies of the summer are Blended and A Million Ways to Die in the West (both financial flops and Blended said to be one of Sandler's better films and Million Ways to Die said to be funny but plotless), and only two other rotten movies (barely rotten TASM2 and Maleficent) you know it's a good summer.

Sadly, July is looking to be very weak with the exception of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Tammy.

• Like 1

And yet it's been such an unexciting Summer. All these comic book and 'brand' movies  :sleep: I'd rather see movies trying something new and failing. 

It's been anti-climatic for me. At least for the big openers. Still waiting for that elusive 100m opener.

• Like 2

And yet it's been such an unexciting Summer. All these comic book and 'brand' movies  :sleep: I'd rather see movies trying something new and failing. 

Aren't all summers lately like this though?

It's weird, this summer has had glowingly reviewed movies (especially compared to last years) yet all of them are underperforming.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

It's been anti-climatic for me. At least for the big openers. Still waiting for that elusive 100m opener.

TF4 will probably do it and manage to be the worst movie of the Summer. 

It only makes sense.

• Like 5

Edge of Tomorrow seems to fit that description. But I agree with you. TV now takes the storytelling risks Hollywood used to.

• Like 1