Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Haven't seen it yet, but my main problem with a kid seeing the first one is the way it glamorizes drugs. It's hilarious and all, but I don't think that would be a good thing for impressionable kids to see.

Hate to break it to you but kids are gonna try various drugs with or without the influence of 21 Jump Street.
  • Like 1

Hate to break it to you but kids are gonna try various drugs with or without the influence of 21 Jump Street.

If kids are doing drugs than that just proves my point that a lot of parents are doing a shitty job. As I already said, I don't consider middle schoolers to be kids anymore.

I think 21JS did it okay jump pointing out how drugs can be bad. They certainly didn't go all after school special with it at least.

I don't want to derail the topic but... "no nudity"? Really? It still frustrates me that nudity is the ultimate dealbreaker in some people's eyes. We all feed on our mother's breasts when we're babies.

Breastfeeding isn't sexualized. That type of nudity is. And it makes perfect sense. And by nudity I also meant sex acts. I don't know why people bring up breastfeeding breasts, its not the same.That's like comparing a scene of recreational weed smoking vs a scene where its being used medicinally. Both have different mental stimulations on people when they see it.If it makes you feel better, he wouldn't let his son see 1000 heads getting chopped either. Graphic violence is a factor as well...but 22JS doesn't have that.
  • Like 2

12 year olds aren't "kids"? I guess you're talking about 4th graders trying Ecstasy?

12 year olds aren't kids because most have hit puberty already. Puberty revokes your kid card, no exceptions. They're tweens/teens which are different. And yeah there are such thing as kids who are addicts before they even hit 12 or 13. Kids are ultra impressionable and I don't think they should be exposed to certain things before they at least have the basic maturity for it.

• Like 1

I think this could be a very close finish, around 60 for both.

HTTYD2 is obviously going to get a much better push tomorrow and should make up the difference.  I think it will come out on top.

Edited by RyneOh1040

12 year olds aren't kids because most have hit puberty already. Puberty revokes your kid card, no exceptions. They're tweens/teens which are different. And yeah there are such thing as kids who are addicts before they even hit 12 or 13. Kids are ultra impressionable and I don't think they should be exposed to certain things before they at least have the basic maturity for it.

You sound like a concerned father who doesn't realize his kids are already smoking weed in his house. You aren't a kid once they hit puberty? Good philosophy (and kinda disturbing). Reminds me of people totally against abortion but who don't give a shit about pre-K for those same underprivileged kids.
  • Like 1

FRIDAY 3PM:  Yes, I’m back doing box office. Right now #1 is  22 Jump Street (Sony Pictures – 3,306 theaters) leading with a possible $60M while #2 is  How To Train Your Dragon 2 (DreamWorks Animation/Fox- 4,253 theaters) targeting $55M. Next update tonight.