Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Just got back from Dragon 2. That trailer should have been banned from ever being played. It renders almost three-fourths of the movie suspenseless. Who had the bright idea to cut a trailer which shows everything that happens in the movie as it happens? There were so many better ways to market the movie without spoiling the hell out of it. The trailer is basically the movie in 2 minutes minus the ending scene.

I saw the trailer a lot because they always played it before Frozen and the impression I got was that they were giving away a lot of the plot points.

I won't stop me from seeing it but did take away some of the excitement.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I've been seeing an opening movie every week since early May and I'm happy to skip a week and see Dragons next week.

I never expected this to open much over 60 ( which I still think it'll do ) but its legs should be just fine and it'll hit 250.

I think HTTYD2 just fucked a lot of people in SOTM7.

I had an inkling this might happen based on the underwhelming summer we have had so far, so I abstained from predicting Dragon. I really doubt if TF4 will reach 300M either. Of course, the message studios will take from the summer will be "We need more franchises, and we need prime release dates".

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I didn't think the HTTYD2 trailers were particularly good.... but then again, I didn't think the trailers for the first one were that good either.

The trailers for the first one weren't particularly special...reason why it was such a...wow, that was really good...moment.
  • Like 3

Did someone seriously say that Maleficent could outgross HTTYD2? God you people are hilarious.

I don't think it will either but you can't say its nonsensical.

A lot of if's to go on but IF the film did open to 50, then it's certainly not a guarantee to beat Maleficient.  Finishing with 215 on a 50 OW won't be an easy feat, even with no competition.  The first film garnered a rare 5 multiplier there's no reason this should do higher.

So while I do also think it WILL take Maleficient in the long run I don't think it's any where near certain.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

I don't think it will either but you can't say its nonsensical.

A lot of if's to go on but IF the film did open to 50, then it's certainly not a guarantee to beat Maleficient.  Finishing with 225 on a 50 OW won't be an easy feat, even with no competition.  The first film garnered a rare 5 multiplier there's no reason this should do higher.

So while I do also think it WILL take Maleficient in the long run I don't think it's any where near certain.

No major animated film until Planes. Nothing else which is blanketely good for all kids. 

The Only thing getting to 300 this year is Mocking Jay.

Fri: 27.231M

Sat: 26.493M

Sun: 22.125M

OW: 74.849M

Second Weekend: 43.311M

Third Weekend: 30.158M

Fourth Weekend: 13.481M

Fifth Weekend: 9.895M

DOM total: 300.8M

Posted Image

• Like 1