Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

You haven't even seen the film so why be happy? Ugh. So annoying that you're projecting your hate for Frozen onto Dragons.

In projecting my hate from basically every animated film I've ever seen, including the first HTTYD movie.
  • Like 1

ANyway Maleficent deserved to flop a lot more than John Carter or Lone Ranger did yet somehow is doing decently I don't get it

Sadly. Biggest tragedies of the summer are Godzilla, X-Men, EoT, and HTTYD2 not doing better but Maleficent not doing less then 120 million.

• Like 1

ANyway Maleficent deserved to flop a lot more than John Carter or Lone Ranger did yet somehow is doing decently I don't get it

Because Maleficent is a kid movie and kids will still watch it even though it's a bad movie

• Like 2

Sadly. Biggest tragedies of the summer are Godzilla, X-Men, EoT, and HTTYD2 not doing better but Maleficent not doing less then 120 million.

I think EoT has a good shot to be a slow burn movie...use the good word of mouth and have a good run...nothing spectacular but at this point, its all it can hope for...

• Like 4

Muppets must seriously be the king of underperformers this year. Can't believe how badly it did considering that Muppets 1 seemed to have been received pretty well, and the trailer always got good reactions. It was also a family movie, so not reaching even a 3X from OW was shocking.

Eh, the movie didn't deliver. I'm not broken up about that underperforming at all

Terrible numbers for dragon all things considering - many many things contribute I am sure but it's totally a disappointment and will have financial repercussions on DWA stock on Monday. My question is - what did Fox know that we didn't? They tried tempering expectations with their low 40s prediction.

• Like 2