Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Dragon is probably having a slightly better than projected Sunday.  It has just moved into the #1 slot on Movietickets.com for the 1st time.  At least this is a modest moment to celebrate.  More like a golf clap than a rousing ovation, but still a golf clap.  (*clap, clap)

Dragon is probably having a slightly better than projected Sunday.  It has just moved into the #1 slot on Movietickets.com for the 1st time.  At least this is a modest moment to celebrate.  More like a golf clap than a rousing ovation, but still a golf clap.  (*clap, clap)

A small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Edited by Fancyarcher

One of these days Blank is gonna have some kind of a nervous breakdown and we'll never hear from him again. So don't complain and cherish the awesomeness that this thread was. And the likes.

I got your back, buddy :) don't go cray cray on us.

:ph34r: 

that guy's been playing Frankie Valli for 400 years . did the original broadway show when it started, is in the movie and JUST started a stint on the west end. dude's gonna be playing him when he's into his 80s. It pays the bills but I can't imagine how sick of the music he must be.

I don't think John Lloyd Young's attempts at branching out beyond Jersey Boys have been too successful, hence why he keeps going back to it.

Then again, when you've made your career for sounding like Frankie Valli, of all people, you've pretty much painted yourself into a corner.

Edited by filmlover

Anyway...

Very excellent opening for 22 Jump Street. Just goes to show how well-received the first was.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 opened fine, if a bit below expectations. I don't agree at all with those calling its opening "pathetic" or "terrible" or whatever. Legs should be just fine considering the minimal amount of competition for the rest of the summer.

Very good hold for Maleficent, should have pretty clear sailing past $200M mark now. Edge of Tomorroow held very well (no doubt thanks to Father's Day somewhat) and hopefully it'll continue to do so.

The Fault In Our Stars crumbled but...no shit Sherlock. I think it'll hold just fine from here on out though.

X-Men crosses $200M, Spider-Man should cross it within the next few weeks, and even Godzilla might be able to hit it eventually if they push it hard enough.

• Like 1

Anyway...Very excellent opening for 22 Jump Street. Just goes to show how well-received the first was.How to Train Your Dragon 2 opened fine, if a bit below expectations. I don't agree at all with those calling its opening "pathetic" or "terrible" or whatever. Legs should be just fine considering the minimal amount of competition for the rest of the summer.Very good hold for Maleficent, should have pretty clear sailing past $200M mark now. Edge of Tomorroow held very well (no doubt thanks to Father's Day somewhat) and hopefully it'll continue to do so.The Fault In Our Stars crumbled but...no shit Sherlock. I think it'll hold just fine from here on out though.X-Men crosses $200M, Spider-Man should cross it within the next few weeks, and even Godzilla might be able to hit it eventually if they push it hard enough.

It did open "fine". No laughable spin please. And it does have competition Edited by John Marston

How to Train Your Dragon 2 opened fine, if a bit below expectations. I don't agree at all with those calling its opening "pathetic" or "terrible" or whatever. Legs should be just fine considering the minimal amount of competition for the rest of the summer.

Think about it. For a movie that a lot of folks predicted to be the #1 movie of summer, a 49M ow is FUCKING AWFUL.

• Like 3