Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Just watched "The Hangover" on TBS. They did a pretty decent job of bowlderization, didn't even figure out that dialogues were changed etc. The movie is still one of the most hilarious movies, this scene still cracks me up

• Like 1

I'm watching 21JUMP STREET on the FX Channel.. It's almost over and funny how it came on at 9:30PM and is over at 12:03AM.. Was the movie THAT long in theatres or is this some sort of FX Channel type of thing??? So far, the movie is pretty sophomoric in the humor which is obviously why 22JS did so well...

The movie is a breezy 1 hr 40 minutes.

Which means there's a fairly absurd amount of commercials.

• Like 1

I'm watching 21JUMP STREET on the FX Channel.. It's almost over and funny how it came on at 9:30PM and is over at 12:03AM.. Was the movie THAT long in theatres or is this some sort of FX Channel type of thing??? So far, the movie is pretty sophomoric in the humor which is obviously why 22JS did so well...

Have you ever seen an R rated comedy ever?  That's pretty much all of them.

I don't know why you are taking shots at the Jump Street movies.  

I attributed me disliking WWZ to us getting to the theater late and sitting in the very front row of a packed theater with a very dimly lit 3D presentation, the looking directly up, the fast (near unseen) movements, and the poor 3D, both in the film and outside of it.

Though I haven't tried watching it since.

• Like 1

I attributed me disliking WWZ to us getting to the theater late and sitting in the very front row of a packed theater with a very dimly lit 3D presentation, the looking directly up, the fast (near unseen) movements, and the poor 3D, both in the film and outside of it.

Though I haven't tried watching it since.

No. It's a (mostly) terrible movie.

• Like 1

The only somewhat redeeming quality to WWZ imo was that they managed to wring a fair amount of tension out of the climax scene despite it being utterly ludicrous.

I remember a lot of laughter from various scenes of the climax that I don't think were supposed to bring laughter.

• Like 1

The only somewhat redeeming quality to WWZ imo was that they managed to wring a fair amount of tension out of the climax scene despite it being utterly ludicrous.

I dunno, I didn't find it tense at all. Partially because it was entirely ludicrous, partially because there's literally no chance in hell they're gonna kill Brad Pitt. 

There were a few minor moments that were interesting or fun, but I was surprised at how lousy it was. From the generally positive buzz last summer, I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but thought it would be decent with a few interesting angles.

• Like 1

I dunno, I didn't find it tense at all. Partially because it was entirely ludicrous, partially because there's literally no chance in hell they're gonna kill Brad Pitt. 

Maybe I'm just a sucker for dark, claustrophobic staging.

• Like 1