Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Watching Unforgiven. Gene Hackman is soooo fucking goodin this movie.

While you're catching up on classics, I'd highly recommend Renoir's The Rules of the Game. Movie knocked me out when I saw years and years ago. Incendiary commentary on social classes. Hilarious, poignant, clever, etc... Check it out.

• Like 1

While you're catching up on classics, I'd highly recommend Renoir's The Rules of the Game. Movie knocked me out when I saw years and years ago. Incendiary commentary on social classes. Hilarious, poignant, clever, etc... Check it out.

Yes, I've heard of it. I've been trying to catch up on some truly essential movies this year. I watched 8 1/2 today, which I enjoyed enormously. 

• Like 2

It's 3:30 on the East Coast. "Early" is putting it lightly.

Fair enough, although for this kind of film  a family film that appeals to older audiences as well - it may have a strong uptick tonight that wouldn't be clear from matinee numbers.

• Like 1

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/ Although it will have legs and this is just an early estimate, seems a bit disappointing for the dragon Katzenberg.

I don't see just $58-60M off of a $21M Friday. If it followed MU 2 path it would gross $57M, but that is a pixar film and it had a much higherfriday gross, so hence it would be much more frontloaded. If it does make $21M on friday, I think it would $65M for the weekend.
  • Like 2

I don't see just $58-60M off of a $21M Friday. If it followed MU 2 path it would gross $57M, but that is a pixar film and it had a much higherfriday gross, so hence it would be much more frontloaded.If it does make $21M on friday, I think it would $65M for the weekend.

But How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a sequel? That should probably make it as frontloaded as Monsters University.

• Like 2

But How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a sequel? That should probably make it as frontloaded as Monsters University.

It is a sequel and if followed ghe first HTTYD with a $21M friday it would cross $75M+, but I'm not predicting that. MU was a prequel so...... It's kind of the same thing as sequels as boxoffice is concerned.
  • Like 1

And a lot more fun that I would've expected. So much stuff going on constantly. 

It reminded me a lot of Inception when I watched it. Especially the way they put characters into a scene without addressing how they got there.

• Like 1