grim22

Weekend Actuals 6/13-6/15 or whatever, who cares anymore. This summer sucks

Haley Joel Osment did an incredible job of not blinking in that movie for like 30 seconds at a time.  Just an incredible performance by a kid - similar to what Spielberg was able to get out of Henry Thomas.  It is too bad that the kid couldn't find more acting work as an adult.

• Like 1

How to Train Your Dragon's failure has caused some people to become like Xavier in X-Men Days of Future Past. Some might even go further and become like Bruce Wayne in TDKR

I would rather be like Wolverine. I'll get Kitty, she'll send me back in time and I can fucking change the outcome. Dragon doesn't disappoint: the way it should have been.

• Like 2

22 Jump Street was pretty damn front-loaded. A 2.3 IM is really weak. TFIOS comes in at number 82 for worst all time second weekend drops. Is 100 still happening? I'm doubtful at this point. Great for EOT! Best drop of any opener so far this year. Hopefully it has a nice long leggy run.

I still expect 3X + multiplier

• Like 1

Michael Bay is coming soon to save the summer.

The summer is already lost, when things like this are said.Hopefully TF4 and Apes are really good movies though and that they do in fact translate into box office successes. And hopefully the fall/winter trifecta of Catching Fire, Interstellar and The Hobbit save the (bo) year! Edited by FTF

I'm glad we have 22 Jump Street, because literally every summer comedy from here on out looks absolutely atrocious.

Every single trailer in front of 22 Jump Street looked like crap. I didn't laugh at anything.

Note: I didn't get The Interview trailer <_<

• Like 1

Actually (really off-topic but), Mark Mothersburgh is a really underrated composer. His collaborations with Lord and Miller have really good themes for comedies.

I mean, they aren't amazing, but they don't get enough credit for adding to the uber fun, laid back atmosphere of Lord Miller's work.