grim22

Weekend Actuals 6/13-6/15 or whatever, who cares anymore. This summer sucks

Two last things:

1. I don't understand this thread at all

2. Tomorrow I'm going to the drive-in to see Maleficent and Edge of Tomorrow. Looking forward to having my hate vindicated and then my mind blown

Since Maleficent is such a success we can probably expect other live action adaption done in the same format. Cruella is already confirmed, and I've heard that they're in talks to do a Ursula movie, heck they'll probably rename the live action Beauty in The Beast movie, Gaston. Excuse me while I lose it in the bathroom.

When did they confirm a Cruella film???

Again see DVD sales and the fanclubs for We want Routh.. Thats not entirely true John. But I have to admit trying to copy Superman 2 loosely was a fucking mistake... I dont even understand how producers didnt see bringing back the Real Estate Scam and nothing for Superman to punch and KNite was so over done... Folks wanted to be floored by Superman facing a real challenge along with Luthor. I have to admit I thought for sure it would Lex and Doomsday or Mongul or brainiac.. Not lex again. Even though the famous BOM and KAl and superman fans vs Pirate mongers went to something like thousands of pages,, I knew we were in trouble as Singer clearly  made more of a weaker sequel to  Superman II than a reboot film bringing Superman to a new generation of people. Still Superman Returns  has so many great moments, but not enough to keep people coming back vs the maniac fun of Pirates II.  Just didnt have enough action  and originality to survive that war...Bah Humbug to Captain Jack lol Pirates destroyed my Superman, and that shouldnt have happened with Singers talents and WB's money and marketing.

Nope. Superman Returns destroyed Superman Returns. It was a shitty film with a terrible (and terribly uncharismatic) actor at its center. And it was boring, which is a cardinal sin for a superhero movie.
  • Like 1

Weekend Actuals 6/13-6/15 or whatever, who cares anymore. This summer sucks

This summer has actually been incredibly interesting and exciting. Also, the spread is wider than usual. 

Edited by Clavius

^ But, Superman can easily be a boring superhero.

FTFY. When either expectations are for an action packed story, or even when it is action packed, the action is redundant. Say what you want about SR, but even with Super "Boy", it was not nearly as silly as a lot of the Richard Lester directed parts of Superman II. There have been five directors who have taken on the Man of Steel. Only three have taken the character seriously, and Singer was one of them(too seriously? Perhaps, but at least he took it seriously).

Don't get me wrong I've watched every Superman movie there is, (even Superman Returns) but there can never be a gray area for Superman is there? Its very much black or white, I usually find gray areas of superheroes to be the most interesting. HBO recently did a marathon of all Superman movies and watched most of it (I'm not crazy, I swear), and yes the action scenes are redundant - Superman slammed into a random landmark etc.

Not with for it's seemingly frontloaded opening. Most here expected worse

wrong

In baumer's summer game this week, only 3 people predicted a 69% drop. The other 41 players predicted a smaller drop.

Top thr engagement  wkend 13-15/61-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA               (22J)2-AMC Century City 15, Century City CA           (22J)3-Pac Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles CA (22J)4-AMC Garden State 16, Parmus NJ       (22J)5-AMC Orange 30, Orange CA         (22J)6-Regal E-walk 13, New York City NY     (22J)7-Regal Union Square 14, New York City NY (22J)8-AMC Gulf Pointe 30, Houston TX (22J)9-Regal Long Beach 26, Long Beach CA   (22J)10-Pac Arclight Sherman Oaks, Sherman Oaks CA (22J)11-Regal Irvine Spectrum 21, Irvine CA (22J)12-ST Palladium 18, San Antonio TX   (22J)13-Regal Fresno 21, Fresno TX (22J)14-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA (HTTYD2)15-CM Alburquerque Rio 24, Alburquerque NM   (22J)16-Hark Temple Marketplace 16, Tempe AZ   (22J)17-AMC Del Amo 18, Torrance CA (22J)18-AMC Alderwood 16, Lynnwood WA (HTTYD2)19-CM San Jose Oakridge 20, San Jose CA (22J)20-LMT Megaplex Theatres, South Jordon UT (HTTYD2)

• Like 2