stripe

Monday Numbers: 22J 6.9,HTTYD2 5.1,Malef 2.2

Dragon was never going to beat Frozen, but potentially not beating Cars 2? That's pretty funny.

Dragon 2 will at least reach 200m because of lack of competition. But the scary dark scenes will scary off the parents with very young children.

• Like 1

Incendiary post of the day... Beginning with Princess and the Frog, I've enjoyed every Disney Animated Film since more than Frozen. Much more. Same goes for Dragon 1 and Dragon 2. Same goes for even Monsters U. and Brave. Frozen, aside from a few sweeping shots and some catchy tunes. That's it. I didn't find much else about it redeeming, either comically, poignancy, overall animation design, writing in general, etc... A pretty empty experience. I think kid's like to sing. And, honestly, there hasn't even been a passable mainstream animated musical in a very long time. C+ from me.

• Like 4

Incendiary post of the day... Beginning with Princess and the Frog, I've enjoyed every Disney Animated Film since more than Frozen. Much more. Same goes for Dragon 1 and Dragon 2. Same goes for even Monsters U. and Brave. Frozen, aside from a few sweeping shots and some catchy tunes. That's it. I didn't find much else about it redeeming, either comically, poignancy, overall animation design, writing in general, etc... A pretty empty experience. I think kid's like to sing. And, honestly, there hasn't even been a passable mainstream animated musical in a very long time. C+ from me.

Confession, I still haven't seen Frozen.  I actually have the DVD courtesy of a friend and haven't watched it which makes no sense since I've seen every other Disney animated film, most of Pixar ( I skipped cars 2) and Dreamworks.

Princess & The Frog and Lilo & Stitch have been my favorite Disneys since the 2000s, and I really enjoyed Tangled but none touch the greatness of the late 80's - 90s Disney revival period (Howard Ashman and his talent is still sorely missed) or the early classics.

• Like 1

Confession, I still haven't seen Frozen.  I actually have the DVD courtesy of a friend and haven't watched it which makes no sense since I've seen every other Disney animated film, most of Pixar ( I skipped cars 2) and Dreamworks.

Princess & The Frog and Lilo & Stitch have been my favorite Disneys since the 2000s, and I really enjoyed Tangled but none touch the greatness of the late 80's - 90s Disney revival period (Howard Ashman and his talent is still sorely missed) or the early classics.

Maybe not as great as what you mentioned, I think those films from the silver era or whatever it's called in the mid to late 90s' were underrated in general. Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan and even Emperor were all really good.

• Like 2

Yeah, that wasn't traumatizing at all and the phrase "Man is in the forest" still doesn't send chills down my spine.

You laugh, but I don't think mojo is that far from the truth. That's been a popular theory for why the MPAA had been more lenient towards Disney and Pixar films than they have been for more human-oriented stories.

They may have been disturbing, but they were removed enough from young children's reality that they still believe they can handle it.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3