stripe

Monday Numbers: 22J 6.9,HTTYD2 5.1,Malef 2.2

Wtf is up with Fault? It drops on Saturday and then decreases barely nothing on Monday. its not behaving like any of them I can recall in the past. I don't have the numbers in front of me but did Sex in the City or Magic Mike behave like this?

• Like 1

I can see Dragon hit 220m max if the legs are great enough. It's not going to magic itself up a 8 multipler to hit 400m DOM though.

What a ridiculous statement to make. No one's even mentioning 300m yet you bring up 400m...obviously because of your erection for Frozen.But yea, you're right. It won't leg its way to $400m just like Frozen won't leg its way past DH2's $1.341b total. ;)
  • Like 13

its sunday was low bcos of father's day. it actually suffered bcos of it. Probably its sat to monday drop would be similar to normal movies. 

On saturday drops, even SATC barely increase on saturday. SATC dropped 47% on fathers day and then dropped 29% on monday. 

• Like 1

Obviously the last three of four DW movies disappointing has impacted Dragon. The DW brand has been hit hard, and people are reluctant to see their movies right now.

Do you really think the average father sits in front of a TV to watch the commercial and goes oh wow that's from Dreamworks? There's no way I'm seeing that. Dude nobody knows anything about the studios they just go to see what your kids want to see.
  • Like 2

Do you really think the average father sits in front of a TV to watch the commercial and goes oh wow that's from Dreamworks? There's no way I'm seeing that. Dude nobody knows anything about the studios they just go to see what your kids want to see.

You'll be surprised. The Pixar brand is huge and gets a natural advantage against smaller studios. Then there is Disney. Then there are the rest that people will just assume is DW.

The other studios, the public generally know nothing about, with the exception of the few huge movies like DM or IA.

• Like 2

its sunday was low bcos of father's day. it actually suffered bcos of it. Probably its sat to monday drop would be similar to normal movies. 

On saturday drops, even SATC barely increase on saturday. SATC dropped 47% on fathers day and then dropped 29% on monday. 

Looks like a Friday Night is Girl's Night affect with Saturday being date night dragging it down a bit because of reluctant male dates. Then it recovers by Monday with school out and the appeal toward a younger fan base.

• Like 1

Actually they figure it's all from Disney.

• Like 1