#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Eh, Hugo was easily the best of the 2011 BP nominees

Definitely deserve to win, but neither did anything nominated

Personally Hugo was my second or third favorite film of 2011. Such a great tribute to cinema.

• Like 2

Man what the hell happened this year. Cap and Lego are leading the year both with a $250-260 million gross and neither of which sold 30 million tickets when you take out 3D.

Let's hope Nolan, Katniss, and Disney/Marvel can make a huge November to compensate. 

• Like 2

Man, a July 18th release for DOFP sounds really interesting right about now. Would be interested to see an X-Men movie in the middle of the Summer.

That was what I was saying in the next Bourne thread. Apocalypse on MD w/e 2016 makes little sense, considering Cap 3 and BvS before it. July 15th is great and a sequel to a 700 million movie makes much more sense than the next Renner Bourne movie. I mean, I would have been fine with BvS there, but I don't see WB moving back again (if anything, I'd see them going forward to April).

• Like 1

Eh, Hugo was easily the best of the 2011 BP nominees

Definitely deserve to win, but neither did anything nominated

2011 was one of the worst years for me as far as what I loved meshing with what films got all of the awards attention. Take Shelter, Drive, Shame, Apes, and Dragon Tattoo were my favorites that year, and all of the big Best Pic contenders (The Artist, Hugo, Tree of Life) didn't connect with me. 

• Like 1

Man what the hell happened this year. Cap and Lego are leading the year both with a $250-260 million gross and neither of which sold 30 million tickets when you take out 3D.

Let's hope Nolan, Katniss, and Disney/Marvel can make a huge November to compensate. 

I blame the fact that there was no MEGA hit like Avengers or Iron Man 3 to start the summer 2014 season. So... I'm blaming ASM2. :ph34r:

• Like 2

John Marston, on 21 Jun 2014 - 1:18 PM, said:Posted Image

sorry, I can't stand any spin for this movie. It was supposed to be the top grossing or second top grossing of the summer and it won't even reach 200m at the box office. It is a disappointment. Plain and simple

lol stfu please.

I have you on ignore anyway but since I saw this quote, I'll respond.

No one is spinning this movie. Everyone knows it has already disappointed. You and Mojoguy's constant "HEY EVERYONE, DRAGON 2 DISAPPOINTED, YOU HEAR ME, YOU HEAR? NO? REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT" is what I cannot stand.

• Like 2

Made the mistake of going with JB higher evenings just because of its R rating turned out not to be right approach had lower # but went with higher range

What? Next thing you know, you'll tell us you're human.

Posted Image

• Like 2