#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Not surprised that two films that target demos which haven't really received anything this summer are doing well. Jersey Boys could get $30 million with that opening day... Clint Eastwood's movies tend to be leggy, so this could easily get $120-150 million when all is said and done. Think Like a Man Too might touch $40 million... even a 55-60% drop next week would still lock $100 million due to summer weekdays. Should get $105-110 million when all is said and done - Kevin Hart's star power just keeps on growing. 

Went to see HTTYD 2 today and I saw people exiting from Jersey Boys since it finished. I saw no one younger than 45. 

Consider it the anti FIOS except there are more 45+ American than under 18s.... and they don't rush out on the first w/e.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Not surprised that two films that target demos which haven't really received anything this summer are doing well. Jersey Boys could get $30 million with that opening day... Clint Eastwood's movies tend to be leggy, so this could easily get $120-150 million when all is said and done. Think Like a Man Too might touch $40 million... even a 55-60% drop next week would still lock $100 million due to summer weekdays. Should get $105-110 million when all is said and done - Kevin Hart's star power just keeps on growing. 

His good movies tend to be leggy. This won't be leggy. 

I've heard over 10 people in real life say that they love Maleficent. So while you people might despise it, it's clearly getting good WOM from the public.

IMDB and Flixter ratings already show it. 3 weeks after release with tons of votes in and they're both still 75%

Went to see HTTYD 2 today and I saw people exiting from Jersey Boys since it finished. I saw no one younger than 45. 

Well, I will go see it and I'm in my 20s so keep it cute! <_<

Edited by BobbyJohn