CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

Haven't read this thread for a while (understandably), but the sick f*cks that shat all over this thread and movie are, as expected, very VERY wrong.

This is one of the best movies of the year and the best Predator movie ever, equal only to the original, and making the other Predator titles look like D grade garbage.

Shane Black is the best. Miss this only if your IQ is 50 points lower than Shane's obviously sky-high IQ. Then you wouldn't be able to tell how good this movie is anyway.

The Shay here

Edited by shayhiri
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

4 hours ago, AJG said:

Not a factor at all in my opinion. I think sometimes we online people overestimate the exposure stuff like this gets. I don’t think many people that were considering watching the film knew about the story.

I agree. Nobody was going to avoid the film because of that story. 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:48 PM, dXairdryZid said:

I'm weighing my shallow opinions off Black's decision after reading the Deadline article.  It seems Black put enough thought into it, and directors who oversee thousands of people per project probably know more about what goes on then anyone else.  Perhaps people just get too touchy/feely in general on set too?

You are afraid your SJW GOTG3 posts had no affect on your life.  No spirits appeared out of thin air, no elite G-men popped out of the ground.

Now another mess starts up w/ extreme pedo story in Predator.

Against odds and unpopular opinion, you know what to do.  Fire everything you have at Munn and the story.  

Go across all channels on social media if necessary.  Attack them early and swift.

Enter in on the wrong side of the matrix, hope the posts survive and make it in time back to you in those chaotic waters.

Edited by dXairdryZid

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this movie might make more than Predators worldwide. IF this had a 40m budget like that movie then it would have been a solid hit. Unfortunately they let it bloom to 88m which is why this will be a flop

With an $120m World wide release costing around $120M (https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-predator-white-boy-rick-a-simple-favor-olivia-munn-box-office-1202464594/), the difference of a production budget of 88m or 40M is not enough to go from a solid hit to a flop (If it is a solid hit at 208m spent on production to theatrical release, at 168m it is not loosing much money).

And without that giant marketing budget and release footprint with ultra high world screen count you get with that marketing commitment, safe to assume it does not do the same world box office, it is something to make 120m at the box office when you pay 120m to convince people to come in, it is quite different if you spent just 50-60m.

The trailer of a 40M movie will also be different than a 88M one.

The horror, the horror ...

Shane Black, what have you done ?

I don't think I ever rooted that much for the bad guys in a movie.

I wanted to punch in the fucking face every "character" of this movie, kid and women included, awful writing and acting.

This cast was lame as fuck, eveybody tries something but fails miserably.

I was cheereing each time The Predator was slicing one of these sad and unffunny SOBs.

Too bad because some action and Sci-fi elements/bits were cool but the tone was just horrible and the movie is a giant mess, trying to do too many things at the same time.

Even the Silvestri iconic main theme was badly done.

I will only watch the sequel if it is about a Predator skinning in slow-mo that lame Holbrock guy and his kid.

Good job Shane, you killed this franchise for at least 10 years.

Bravo.

:bravo:

Edited by The Futurist