John Marston

Thursday Numbers (RTH) HTTYD2 3.1,22J 2.9,Malef/TLAM2 1.7 | actuals on p19

Is this going to be the weekend thread, or will that be separate once the first Fri. estimates are released?

(I'm only here for what surely will be the disappointing SNOWPIERCER numbers…)

Separate thread. 

This isn't the important thread anyway... Speaking of which, where are the freaking numbers??? We usually get these earlier :angry:

Paramount is busy counting receipts from Puerto Rico.

This isn't the important thread anyway... Speaking of which, where are the freaking numbers??? We usually get these earlier :angry:

THR previously released a couple of midnights at 11 am est...so any time now.

EDIT: of course it depends on when the sources release the numbers but it's been around 11 usually.

Edited by a2k

its so annoying that every numbers thread now gets derailed with all kinds of stuff that has nothing to do with box office. I'm not trying to be crusty but these threads used to be all box office talk now is anything but.

no offense but this is something even some of the mods are doing/encouraging. Some of these threads are unreadable bcos they go off the base with some nonsense. I guess that is the culture of especially the BO forum. International BO threads are better unless fullbuster goes fully political or mfantin goes rogue.

• Like 5

I just find it difficult to wade through pages of crap just to discuss box office - we have a general conversation thread for a reason.

chatter is a natural result and not something planned. just because a thread is titled "general convo" folks won't go there. it will happen anywhere there are enough number of people. we are waiting for the midnights*. nothings been released yet. random talk is ok i guess.

*EDIT: lol..or thursday numbers. i forgot this is a thu thread. those will come even later.

Edited by a2k

So, TF4 looks likely to miss 100M opening weekend? This really is the worst summer in years.

This looked like it was going to be an "off" summer heading into the season, and the reality that it has turned out to be a pretty weak summer is a surprise for a number of people? Something does not compute.

chatter is a natural result and not something planned. just because a thread is titled "general convo" folks won't go there. it will happen anywhere there are enough number of people. we are waiting for the midnights. nothings been released yet. random talk is ok i guess.

Random talk is one thing but like the other night trying to wade through 20+ pages of anime conversation and endless gifs and pictures of floating heads is ridiculous and shows a flagrant disregard for the other posters / causal viewers on the site. There is no reason for it other than not wanting to take the convo where it belongs.

Random talk is one thing but like the other night trying to wade through 20+ pages of anime conversation and endless gifs and pictures of floating heads is ridiculous and shows a flagrant disregard for the other posters / causal viewers on the site. There is no reason for it other than not wanting to take the convo where it belongs.

The melodrama.

• Like 5

I must say, on Filmgasm/World of KJ as well as BOM back when you and I (and maybe a few others still around) were among its members around a decade ago, this kind of thread hijacking would've never been allowed. And at least when the threads were derailed in all of those cases, the hijacking at least had something to do with the topic of the thread.

• Like 2

I would recommend banning likes and gifs for a few weeks, set up clear rules for thread going off the topic to clean up Box office forums. I dont think there should be fascination around quantity but focus on thread being on the topic.

Jesus.
  • Like 10