John Marston

Thursday Numbers (RTH) HTTYD2 3.1,22J 2.9,Malef/TLAM2 1.7 | actuals on p19

Simple way to keep people who are looking only for numbers happy is to include which page the numbers are on in the title. Or to update the first post with numbers.

Yes. If there are numbers, they should be in the thread title.

Agreed. On-topic or not, even ive wanted to just find numbers and didnt feel like endless scrolling. If you create the thread, you need to be specific of the page number. That makes everyone happy. Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

I would not call the current off topic chatter derailing. No numbers have been given yet. Folks just gathered in anticipation. In the numbers threads, unlike the other threads, "topic" is created as numbers pour in, which happens infrequently and with gaps. So everything will be off-topic before that. To call that chatter out is like penalizing people for waiting.

• Like 2

Exactly. Conversation flows and build freely in any good community, be it real life or virtual.

Off topic is not bad, but in moderation. Certainly no more of that fucking Pokemon bullshit, dammit! 

Agreed with all of this. Threads getting derailed is nothing new and are tolerable as long as they are contained. But geez don't allow it to go so far. The debacle in last weekend's thread was ridiculous and gross.

MOS I can't speak to but IM3 and Fast 6 were great fun. Much as I like good movies, I also follow the box office and it gets a bit depressing when things get real bad. It's just a reminder of constantly falling admissions.

I liked IM3 just for RDJ though it does not hold up that well. Fast 6 is just too over the top. MOS was unfortunately awful. I got an head ache watching it in theaters.

As far as thread derailments go, however, nothing will ever come close to A Very Fassbender Christmas.

I take the blame for this. In my defense, I wasn't a mod at that time  :ph34r:

• Like 1

This is the 3rd page of discussion about derailments. A discussion of derailments has caused a derailment in this thread.

Posted Image

It's like a teacher having to shout over everyone else to have silence in the classroom. But If that teacher is just a substitute without any powers then it makes things worse.