CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

It is indeed awful. But Jolie is Jolie and seeing it winning the Summer would be hysterical. Jolie murdering all the sequels/reboots/whatevers studious throwed at us

There's also the downside. We will hear about thousands of new amazing projects being offered to her and studios begging her to do and she will turn them all down lol :(

• Like 1

I have returned from my Colorado camping trip, I am happy to see I have 101 notifications here to come back to.Sadly it looks like the last two weeks at the BoxOffice have been terrible.

You're welcome.

:WHATanabe:All this would make a lot more sense if most people here had actually seen Free Birds. :P

Everyone here needs to see Free Birds. Fantastic film

There's clearly three accounts here (at least) all by the same person, all using different movie character or actor names, a genius disguise.

:ph34r:

100 of that is from Blankments.

I TRY YO

Yeah... no.

Pacific Rim had style, it never took itself too seriously, sure a lot of the characters were stock, but they were fun and I find myself invested in the film.

Del Toro is the kind of filmmaker that Michael Bay will never be, successful at the box office or not.

Love Del Toro. Admired the world building. Movie was better in concept for me. Too many duds in character wise. Weird trend with Pacific Rim, Godzilla and Transformers in and around them. Monsters and mechs gettin' their time to shine. I'm saddened that I've disappointed by the efforts in each and every film though.

• Like 2

PACIFIC RIM is magnificent, delirious entertainment. Accept no substitutes.

PR should have taken itself a little more seriously, and Godzilla a little less.

Edit: Both were equally entertaining though. Could have been a lot more.

Edited by a2k

PACIFIC RIM is magnificent, delirious entertainment. Accept no substitutes.

I think it's for people who feel guilty that they like Transformers, so instead of coming out of the closet, they latch on to Del Toro, champion of the fanboy. :P

It is indeed awful. But Jolie is Jolie and seeing it winning the Summer would be hysterical. Jolie murdering all the sequels/reboots/whatevers studious throwed at us

Well, what the hell is Maleficent itself?

• Like 1

Some day the veil will be lifted from your eyes, and you'll be blinded by the light, and realize how wrong you were.

Maybe when PR2 is released. Maybe.

Nah, it is never gonna happen.

You don't need to elevate the material. You need to strip away all the extraneous shit and take a direct-to-video approach. It's fucking robots beating the shit out of each other. You don't need a complicated plot. You don't need to make this this epoch-spanning universe thing. You don't need it to be 2.5 hours long. Lean, mean, 2 hours or less, don't beat around the bush, and have fun with your explosions and chaos.

It makes no sense for it to be 3 hours long anyway. More showtimes=more money+more kids