CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

My favorite plothole

Optimus has rockets which enable space travel. Why was he stuck on earth being hunted?

Your answer? My face is my warrant. That answer is about as nonsensical as the line was in context of the movie

• Like 2

My favorite plothole

Optimus has rockets which enable space travel. Why was he stuck on earth being hunted?

It's like all of a sudden in the middle of the final battle, Optimus is like "PS. I can fly!"

Which reminds me, we saw Drift transform into that cool helicopter mode at the beginning in the desert, but we never saw it again, did we?

Oh yeah, and that just reminded me of the one joke, I think it was from Crosshairs, the shiny green Autobot, about the Dinobots when they first transformed  "I thought they were just going to be really big cars".

• Like 1

My favorite plothole

Not a plothole at all:

Optimus has clearly been beaten and battered running from Lockdown and the attack on the Transformers. It was basically Order 66 from Star Wars.  He was being hunted. Once he got the upgrade is when he got the rocket packs and he got the upgrade during basically the middle of the film.

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

We're onto you, Paramount.

I'm kinda surprised it isn't common practice, now that I think about it.

If TMNT can capture even half the craziness of this movie, that will do really well as well. TF4 needs to be seen on the big screen, it is eye candy sans any plot logic.

So... pretty much on par with TF2, then?

Paramount isn't smart enough to have come up on this plan by it's own.

This was fucking Hasbro.

I remember reading a rumor a while back that while Disney has done really well in their acquisitions of late, they aren't done yet, and may have a mind to try and buy Hasbro.

I cannot imagine what the discussion at Paramount would be like if that happened.

I almost wonder if Bay was doing some of this stuff on purpose.

After all, he did have Marky Mark complain about skimpy female clothing. And there was also that old guy at the beginning complaining about sequels or something like that. (It was so long ago I already forgot.)

He's defining the new avant garde, one explosion at a time.

• Like 1

1). Transformers: Age of Extinction (PAR), 4,233 theaters / $40M+ Fri. / 3-day est. cume: $100M+ / Wk 12). 22 Jump Street (SONY), 3,426 theaters (+120) / $4.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $14.8M to $15M (-47%) / Total est. cume: $139M+ / Wk 33). How to Train Your Dragon 2 (FOX), 3,750 theaters (-518) / $4M+ Fri. / 3-day cume: $13M to $14M (-45%) / Total cume: $122M / Wk 34). Think Like A Man Too (SONY), 2,225 theaters (0) / $3.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10.6M (-63%) / Total cume: $48M+ / Wk 25). Maleficent (DIS), 3,073 theaters (-377) / $2.6M Fri. / 3-day cume: $8.5M+ (-33%) / Total expected cume: $202M / Wk 56).Jersey Boys (WB) 2,905 theaters (0) / $2.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $7.5M (-43%) / Total cume: $27.3M / Wk 27). The Fault In Our Stars (FOX), 2,845 theaters (-495) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $$5M to $5.5M (-35%) / Total cume: $109.8M / Wk 48). Edge of Tomorrow (WB), 2,535 theaters (-677) / $1.5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4M+ (-47%) / Total cume: $84M / Wk 49). X-Men: Days of Future Past (FOX), 2,014 theaters (-667) / $950K Fri. / 3-day cume: $3M (-46%) / Total cume: $223M+ / Wk 610). Chef (OPRD), 801 theaters (-160) / $445K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.5M (-10%) / Total cume: $19.3M / Wk 8

Top 10 Friday 59.3m, last year 58.1mTop 10 weekend 168m? last year 180m.June will beat May, it'll be around 1015m at the end of the weekend. Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

I remember reading a rumor a while back that while Disney has done really well in their acquisitions of late, they aren't done yet, and may have a mind to try and buy Hasbro.

I cannot imagine what the discussion at Paramount would be like if that happened.

Paramount would create "The Godfather" sequel trilogy.

• Like 4

It's like all of a sudden in the middle of the final battle, Optimus is like "PS. I can fly!"Which reminds me, we saw Drift transform into that cool helicopter mode at the beginning in the desert, but we never saw it again, did we?Oh yeah, and that just reminded me of the one joke, I think it was from Crosshairs, the shiny green Autobot, about the Dinobots when they first transformed "I thought they were just going to be really big cars".

We also saw him when he carried bumblebee to rescue Cade from KSI.

• Like 2

I find it funny how whenever low numbers are thrown around haters are out in full force then as soon as the numbers go higher they all disappear and all the fans come out. It's like this with every film, there's no way it's a coincidence.

• Like 9