CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

So is this weekend pop songs instead of Pokemon?Edit: this is a gentle hint that the derailment is significant at this point.

Sooooo much more entertaining than Pokemon.

Let's discuss the fact that the 2010 Pop Princesses are starting to spiral!!!! Gaga is already done, and half of Katy Perry's singles have been in the terrlet.

I give up.Trans4ormers:Thursday - 828Friday - 2732Saturday - 3045

If your theater increase holds for the rest of the US, then TF4 will do 34.6M today. Of course, your theater may have overperformed as well.

I give up.Trans4ormers:Thursday - 828Friday - 2732Saturday - 3045

Oh darn Rallax you changed your name again.

Anyway, a slight increase from Friday - previews.

• Like 1

Im actually amazed at the staying power of songs. I heard Turn Down 4 What for the first time back in December. Its almost July and its still going strong, compared to movies that last 1 month.

Edited by Jandrew

Britney and Christina were on another level sales wise. Britney blew up out of nowhere. She couldn't sing but she had some great songs and sold it visually.

Pandora pisses me off.

Their description for Xtina has, she was the Rolling Stones to Britney's The Beatles.

Except she was way prettier and more talented, etc.

Edited by Claire Jean Holt
  • Like 2

"Gang Bang" is the only thing I'd give a second listen.

Hard Candy had more than its fair share of #blehhhh too, not to mention the damn Timbo and JT production influx.

We haven't had a "Madonna" album since COADF, tbh.

Madonna's stamp is all over several songs on the last two albums, you can tell where she wrote larger portions of each track and which were exiting (subpar) demos she just tweaked, but yeah you can tell her spark wasn't there overall.

My new apartment community sells Edwards tickets for 7$ which can be redeemed at the box office (2.50 more for 3D and 4$ more for IMAX), apparently they have a deal with Edwards cinemas. Looks like I will be switching allegiances from AMC to Regal/Edwards soon.

Yeah I hadn't been to an AMC theater in probably 2 years until I moved to LA.

I saw every non art house film at the spectrum. I probably went there 60+ times last year. You'll love it, its better then any megaplex in LA. 

If your theater increase holds for the rest of the US, then TF4 will do 34.6M today. Of course, your theater may have overperformed as well.

I'm pretty sure Texas loves the hell out of Transformers.

There's a rule about messing with people in Texas.

Nothing overshadowed Madonna's music, seeing as still to this day her catalog gets more recurrent radio airplay than any other female and she is far and away the highest selling female recording act of all time globally. And if you think Madonna was slutty you completely missed the point of everything sexual she did. Madonna was always the one in control and the message was a woman can enjoy sex without it meaning she's a whore.

I was a huge Madonna(and Mariah) fan.

But, you know better than that and so does she. She did what she had to do to sell music. I'm not saying she's a "whore", but that she set a bad example for young women. That to have self worth you must look a certain way/dress a certain way. And controlling(manipulating) men with your sexuality is still sending that wrong message. I'm sorry, but this is the way I feel about it.

• Like 1

She was a mega star in the sense that she was a movie star as well. She was insanely popular at her peak. And 3x times platinum is nothing to sneeze at for a singer that can't actually sing.

Britney and Christina were on another level sales wise. Britney blew up out of nowhere. She couldn't sing but she had some great songs and sold it visually.

No. Mega star is defined by how big they are in the industry, and J.Lo was blown out of the water by *many* of her contemporaries.

Yeah I hadn't been to an AMC theater in probably 2 years until I moved to LA.

I saw every non art house film at the spectrum. I probably went there 60+ times last year. You'll love it, its better then any megaplex in LA. 

No reserved seating though. That is one thing I just love about LA theaters, arrive a minute before the movie starts on OW and still get the best seats possible.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Texas loves the hell out of Transformers.

There's a rule about messing with people in Texas.

Most of the Thursday night sell outs I saw were in TX.

I guarantee that Paramount will make sure it's above CAP2. Even with actuals. There is no way they're gonna let TF4 finish second when it's this close.

They'll count Puerto Rico twice like Fox if they have to.

I was a huge Madonna(and Mariah) fan.

But, you know better than that and so does she. She did what she had to do to sell music. I'm not saying she's a "whore", but that she set a bad example for young women. That to have self worth you must look a certain way/dress a certain way. And controlling(manipulating) men with your sexuality is still sending that wrong message. I'm sorry, but this is the way I feel about it.

And you're wrong.