CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

It's an op/ed piece. There are countless ones, expressing all sorts of opinions (on IndieWIRE and elsewhere). Why are you so bothered by this one?

Well, nothing will compare to the sheer idiocy of Coulter's piece on football (soccer).

• Like 2

People rule, fuck the elites and Elitism !! You can NOT think for people. We think on our own.

Because continuing to embrace a franchise that has made billions of dollars is the ultimate act of individual thought?

• Like 2

I wish I was home. My family always has watching parties and carne asadas, and it's so much fun.

Posted Image

I was in my backyard and heard a bunch of screaming and yelling. Now I know why. Mexico is playing today. Awesome.

• Like 2

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/weekend-bo-june-27-29-what-is-wrong-with-people-20140629

whether you like TF or not, articles like this are really stupid. 

It is, because more than likely, the same audience that goes to see TF4 is the same audience that went to see the critically acclaimed movies like TDK, Gravity, Captain America 2 and X-Men DOFP.

• Like 1

It's an op/ed piece. There are countless ones, expressing all sorts of opinions (on IndieWIRE and elsewhere). Why are you so bothered by this one?

because it basically says that you must be an idiot to like the TF movies. Sure it is his opinion, but hopefully no one actually agrees with such thinking

Thoughts:

Transformers 4 is obviously off from the previous films but that was expected. A $100M opening (yeah, sure) is still solid though for a third sequel that saw a complete cast overhaul. We'll see how it holds from here.

22 Jump Street has already outgrossed the first movie after only 17 days. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is definitely a disappointment at this point though, it might not even reach Kung Fu Panda 2's total.

Think Like a Man Too dived but was pretty much expected given its niche appeal. Looks like it's gonna miss the first movie's total by a pretty considerable amount. Okay hold for Jersey Boys.

Another strong hold for Maleficent, which has been the only movie to really develop legs this summer. Edge of Tomorrow unfortunately took a bit of a hit with the arrival of Transformers and will miss $100M. The Fault In Our Stars looks to top out with a superb $120M, while X-Men looks to at least crawl past $230M.

Yay, go Chef! I hope it makes it close to $30M.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has unceremoniously passed $200M. Godzilla looks to hit it eventually.

Strong limited debuts for Snowpiercer and Begin Again.

go Mexico!

& congrats DOPF  :wub:

Posted Image

I'm for one not butthurt abt TF 

just sad for EoT :( & its even more bitter when TF get so much $$ instead of this gem

Edited by Tauriel