CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

My (no pun intended) going over the moon for its trailer notwithstanding, I remain skeptical on Interstellar's chances.

Yes, Nolan is a brand-name. But Inception hinged just as strongly on its great release date and a mega-star in the lead role (DiCaprio) as it did Nolan's Batman Begins/The Dark Knight goodwill and the concept/imagery.

As much as everyone talked up his "come-back," gotta face facts. McConaughey isn't that much of a draw. I mean seriously how well did all his last few years of "Giving a shit again" projects actually do? If this was the same film with Bale, DiCaprio or someone of equal clout (like say Washington or Hanks), I would have no skepticism on its box-office.

Interstellar has a lot going for it to be a hit. It has an interesting storyline that can lend to some interesting visuals and a storyline about a man and his family that a lot can relate too. I think people are trying to see controversy over it for no good reason. 

Fucking privileges.

I'm fucking pissed.

I seriously wanna snatch someone faster than I've wanted to whoop a Republican.

Wasn't even a penalty.

But they had a clear penalty earlier on that was rejected.

because it basically says that you must be an idiot to like the TF movies. Sure it is his opinion, but hopefully no one actually agrees with such thinking

But look at the other aspects of such thinking. The author makes a good point: the Transformers movies are popular because of the action sequences, but there are better action movies out there, so why don't people go to those?It's an interesting question at the very least, and suggests two possible answers:A) The Transformers films are actually better in terms of quality than people admitor B) Audiences don't really care about the quality of their experience; they just care about the familiarity.

Why are you on this forum instead of watching it? It's a Sunday and the games have no commercials. Not like you gain anything by DVRing.

Because I've had family obligations that made me miss the first 20 minutes or so of the game. Is that really that hard to understand?

• Like 1

But look at the other aspects of such thinking. The author makes a good point: the Transformers movies are popular because of the action sequences, but there are better action movies out there, so why don't people go to those?It's an interesting question at the very least, and suggests two possible answers:A) The Transformers films are actually better in terms of quality than people admitor B) Audiences don't really care about the quality of their experience; they just care about the familiarity.

I can't speak for anyone else. But I've seen all the other action films in theaters, and despite their flaws, nobody does visuals better than Bay. He's one of the few directors that can get me to say "whoa" out loud in a theater. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1