CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

ehh... I enjoyed the movie but found it kind of repetiative. I can only take Sandra panting like a dog for so long. It also felt poorly paced like they cut some scenes out that should have been left in. I like Clooney's character though. 

I thought it was super lazy. Its just a woman bumping around in space for 90 mins, to try and force some sort of connection to the character they do it in the laziest way "lets have her randomly reveal her dead daughter", "lets give her a boys name to add some mystique to the character"

bleah.

• Like 2

So I just got back from Dragon 2, and I loved it. It's a shame that more animated movies don't take more dramatic routes, and with its box office disappointment, I guess it'll stay that way for a while, but I'm glad we have this, It's amazing how fresh they can take a 'fight an evil madman hellbent on word domination' and make it something truly special.

• Like 11

finally watched maleficent. it was fun! i don't get what other expectations people could possibly have like it was nice to watch and satisfying (and deserving of its box office success  ;))

Edited by water
  • Like 7

More like Avatar 2009

Runner up Star Trek 2009

2010--Black Swan

2013 -_Man of Steel, Frozen

Runner ups---IM3

Hey Supes what happened to 2011 and 2012?  

I'll fill them in for you

2011-- Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Runner Up-- Rise of the Planet of the Apes

2012-- the Dark Knight Rises

Runner Up-- Skyfall

• Like 1

So I just got back from Dragon 2, and I loved it. It's a shame that more animated movies don't take more dramatic routes, and with its box office disappointment, I guess it'll stay that way for a while, but I'm glad we have this, It's amazing how fresh they can take a 'fight an evil madman hellbent on word domination' and make it something truly special.

Amen Spaghetti. I hope it garners a -re-release for the winter and gets a ton of money... Think it was a bad time to release Dragon 2 all sandwiched between so many behemoths.. MAny which disappointed like SM2 and the Million Ways to DIe in the West.

• Like 2

Runner Up-- Skyfall

Runner Up-- Skyfall

Oh nice selection good buddy.. Though I would say Skyfall is the best of 2012....

2011 easily Ghost protocol. .Wow and debut of Mr. Incredibles as a live Action Director--Brad Bird is wonderful!!

Shoot I wished he had comeback to do MI5 Ethan :)

• Like 1

Dat Kaneda death soundtrack

Listening to

on iTunes right now.

So awesome in how it slowly builds the atmosphere and tension of the spacewalk situation with the slowly mounting specter of doom before we then lead into the Part 2 track with DAT THEME.

This track is kinda how I picture music for a live-action Halo movie sounding.

• Like 4

Anyone who considers Man of Steel to be the best film of 2013 has absolutely shit taste - no questions asked.

Only dummies say things like this.
  • Like 3

More like Avatar 2009

Runner up Star Trek 2009

2010--Black Swan

2013 -_Man of Steel, Frozen

Runner ups---IM3

No no 2009 belonged to District 9 and Inglorious Basterds! Though part of me wants to put Coraline up there. 

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 1

Oh nice selection good buddy.. Though I would say Skyfall is the best of 2012....

2011 easily Ghost protocol. .Wow and debut of Mr. Incredibles as a live Action Director--Brad Bird is wonderful!!

Shoot I wished he had comeback to do MI5 Ethan :)

I wish Bird would come back too. OH well I think Christopher McQuarrie is prefectly capable of making a good movie. As far as Brad goes we.ve got Tomorrowland to look forward to.

• Like 1