#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

But let's face it, the age of blockbusters is over :(

Unfortunately the age of adult-oriented, mid-budget films is over. The less risky the environment, the more blockbusters we get.

Edited by Hatebox

if i were in charge of decision like this I'd probably be at least trying to pull idgaf fudging every weekend. to the point where all the other studios are just all "haha, oh that crazy coolio. what's he like?"

• Like 1

You gotta have faith, darkelf. Not in what these movies are, but in what Ninja Turtles can be

You know there's a rule about messing with blockbusters from Texas.

• Like 1

so now the other studios are crying because they claim it was less than what paramount said it was. Shame on the other studios. Every single one of them has lied about their numbers at one point or another. Go cry me a f****** River. This is awesome and I love it. As I mentioned in the estimates thread I asked Mario Kassar about this exact thing on Facebook and he replied to me that all studios fudge their numbers within a couple of million and it happens all the time and it's really nothing to worry about. So if Mario Kassar super producer says that the rest of the studios should just shut the f*** up.

It's not that it was fudged. It's that it was fudged by a fairly large margin. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, who cares, right? 

But still, ELL-OH-ELL

• Like 11

You know there's a rule about messing with blockbusters from Texas.

Are you giving us a preview of what you're planning after you're done with Box Office Knight?

• Like 1

Unfortunately the age of adult-oriented, mid-budget films is over. The less risky the environment, the more blockbusters we get.

Summertime yes.  But during the fall/awards season we'll still get those films. Think of things like American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook, Saving Mr. Banks

so now the other studios are crying because they claim it was less than what paramount said it was. Shame on the other studios. Every single one of them has lied about their numbers at one point or another. Go cry me a f****** River. This is awesome and I love it. As I mentioned in the estimates thread I asked Mario Kassar about this exact thing on Facebook and he replied to me that all studios fudge their numbers within a couple of million and it happens all the time and it's really nothing to worry about. So if Mario Kassar super producer says that the rest of the studios should just shut the f*** up.

i agree lol. to some people here too. if fudging pisses you off you probably shouldn't be following box office.

• Like 2

Posted Image

We enjoy following box office trends and when one studio goes out of its way to blatantly lie it makes it less fun to follow.

• Like 6

I'll remember you said what when Mockingjay opens, then Age of Ultron and, oh, of course SW:ep.7. Those are just short term.

No, the blockbluster still lives and will live on as long as demand=quality

Just for the record, you don't have to remember anything, all those movies will obviously make a buttload of money, as will many more :) I feel like an idiot saying obvious things :unsure:

Was Marky Mark the most Bostonian native of Texas ever, I wonder.

Yes. By far.

In fact, our main headquarters (company) is in Boston and the people who come down for meetings and such to Houston sound less Bostonian than Mark Wahlberg

• Like 1