#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

Don't worry, it'll have its use. Those would be good for putting Ed Jr. to sleep.

True story: I used TH1 to fall asleep every single night, for a full month. Each night I'd start right around where I fell asleep the previous night. Still had another full hour left by the time I actually ended up watching it in full.

But fuck you, I still kinda liked TH1 and I liked TH2 a whole lot. Dragons rule, screw you!

• Like 5

So, quick question.

How does everyone feel about a Lethal Weapon reboot starring Jeremy Renner and Denzel Washington?

I would watch it, but the whole time I would probably wish they would have made it a new movie staring them as cops instead of a Lethal Weapon reboot. 

• Like 1

Still doesn't quite match up. You can get 1080p films with surround sound output, but it's not quite the same. A dedicated playback device with dedicated drivers is going to be better than what you get as a rip.

Of course Mr.Pink

That is why I own TA and TDK on blue ray as I think they are worth the money.

• Like 1

I would watch it, but the whole time I would probably wish they would have made it a new movie staring them as cops instead of a Lethal Weapon reboot. 

Is Danny Glover even alive anymore?

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 1

I refuse to buy a film I have never watched first. That is just ridiculous!

Oh, wait...I did buy this film without seeing it before, just last week. But that's all of you people's fault for convincing me I'd love it. (Which I did)

Posted Image

Well sir, you made a VERY wise decision. Because this was indeed an EXCELLENT movie! :)

• Like 3

So, quick question.

How does everyone feel about a Lethal Weapon reboot starring Jeremy Renner and Denzel Washington?

But who's gonna play Joe Pesci?

• Like 1

True story: I used TH1 to fall asleep every single night, for a full month. Each night I'd start right around where I fell asleep the previous night. Still had another full hour left by the time I actually ended up watching it in full.But fuck you, I still kinda liked TH1 and I liked TH2 a whole lot. Dragons rule, screw you!

Are you sure you wanna go there? I'm not sure I'm up for it. In case you forgot, I have girl's parts. :P
  • Like 1

It's not a waste of money if you're smart about what you're purchasing.

The benefit of Blu-Ray can be absolutely immense. It's not for everybody but I like physical items, I like to rewatch films, and I like to see them in the best way possible. There is no other mass market format that can offer the quality of Blu-Ray at this time. Especially with an internet connection like mine which is not that fast and subject to bandwidth caps

Agree with this, but damn it's easy to run out of space. I've got around 200 of them and running out of room.

• Like 2

Are you sure you wanna go there? I'm not sure I'm up for it. In case you forgot, I have girl's parts. :P

I hear it's not so bad if you're wasted beyond reason, blind-folded and have a gun pointed at your head...

• Like 3

Nikki goes full-Nikki

What everybody needs to understand most about box office is that the movie studios may cooperate with each other here and there, but when it comes to money they get uniformly nasty.

That’s why there’s a box office controversy every weekend. Because there is a certain code of honor among thieves, if you will — a tacit agreement that every Hollywood studio will try to report weekend box office numbers as accurately as possible. But it’s almost a given that they don’t. In fact when I see an even $40M or $60M or $90M three-day final weekend figure, I simply assume someone’s playing fast and loose and rounding up. 

Of course this is news only if you’ve been lying on a couch in your apartment for 11 years and now doing little else except reporting badly on box office for the past 6 months like Deadline’s Anita Busch. Then you’re easily spun (more like suckered) by rival distributors to make a molehill out of the mountain that was Paramount’s Transformers: Age Of Extinction‘s domestic and foreign opening gross this past weekend.

She claims Paramount’s worldwide take on the fourquel was "only" $299.4M global while the studio claims it was $302.1M. Earth to Anita: there’s nothing "inflated" about this, and certainly no "first big controversy of box office to erupt" since you returned to reporting showbiz. I’ve been doing this nearly non-stop for decades and it’s just the norm. So unless you’ve counted Paramount’s rentals, Busch, keep your batshit crazy mouth shut. 

Did I mention she also has an axe to grind against Paramount? She dissed Vice Chairman Rob Moore despite the success that was The Wolf Of Wall Street ($392M worldwide), then Paramount retaliated by cancelling a big Phase 2 Oscar ad buy for the pic with Deadline. (Penske Medica Corp/Deadline was concerned enough to schedule a sit-down between Moore and Busch.) I was told Deadline was "blaming Brad Grey’s Pellicano ties for the bad blood" with Busch. Oh, puh-leeze. 

Even though there’s primo PR value in the box office Top 5 rankings which get reported by the media every weekend, TF4 was an easy #1 by tens of millions of dollars. Which is why no one I spoke with in distribution today cares a rat’s ass about what Anita wrote because they also know there’s no controversy. "Such bullshit," one rival exec summed up the Deadline story. "That’s a small difference – the equivalent on the weekend of some theaters failing to report grosses on time, or a manager giving a single screen’s take instead of two." There’s even more wriggle room in international box office compared to domestic because many countries report numbers in waves over days. (How many times have you tried to place a call or get an internet connection in some remote part of a foreign territory?) That’s the box office reality. 

Paramount claimed it was Warner Bros griping, and Warner Bros claimed it was Fox grinding, but the execs denied it to me. As for Busch’s nonsense about "better headlines to please the bosses and shareholders" at Paramount/Viacom, any difference in grosses this small isn’t going to affect stock price. (Only writedowns, and Transformers 4 in its first global weekend made back 150% of its cost.) Besides, given how big this tentpole’s pre-sales were, no one could project on the money how frontloaded the film would be. That’s why, when the press were predicting $100M domestic all week for TF4, Paramount execs were warning me to expect only mid-to high $90sM until Saturday evening. They never confirmed that $100M figure until Sunday morning. 

Plus, I’ve seen how Paramount reacts when one of its films even disappoints: stoicly. (And TF4 was a film that exceeded projections and even set records.) In fact, one of the few times I’ve seen a movie studio climb out on a ledge en masse was Warner Bros when Joel Silver’s $160M movie Speed Racer from the Wachowski siblings tanked in May 2008. I wrote all weekend how Warner Bros was wildly exaggerating the domestic gross. The WB-inflated tally of $20.2M put its anime actioner 2nd and Fox’s What Happens In Vegas only 3rd with $20M, when every other studio had the ranking the other way around and Speed Racer‘s tally around $19.7M. There was no way WB’s kiddie flop would suddenly have a huge Sunday. When the official figures were reported Monday, everyone saw how fudged WB’s figures really were: Speed Racer made only $18.5M for the weekend, while Fox’s Vegas totalled $20.1M. Jeez. As I said, no honor among thieves. 

- See more at: http://nikkifinke.com/oh-grow-theres-box-office-controversy-every-week-just-transformers-4/#sthash.vgsA9wu2.dpuf
Edited by grim22
  • Like 6

Of course Mr.Pink

That is why I own TA and TDK on blue ray as I think they are worth the money.

I think every year there are a handful of must own Blu-Rays, but of course mileage may vary.

Gravity on Blu-Ray, for the small amount of 3D TV owners out there is a revelation.

• Like 1