MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

It's not great. We do need to remember that tomorrow will act like a mini-summer Friday, though.

Of course, I was already taking that into consideration. But even still, the Thursday jumps in '08 weren't that great. Most were around 25-30% with Friday jumps between 5-15%.

• Like 2

Well, so far MM has a been the lead in two bad movies and one good one. That's it. There will be more bad ones like Tammy and more good ones likes The Heat, unless of course she has no longevity.

Well, so far MM has a been the lead in two bad movies and one good one. That's it. There will be more bad ones like Tammy and more good ones likes The Heat, unless of course she has no longevity.

She's pretty much batting 50/50 in the quality department. Bridesmaids and The Heat were good, Identity Thief and I'm gonna just go ahead and assume Tammy are not. So it could be worse I guess. She could be like Sandler and get hits even though none of her movies are good.

• Like 1

Put Melissa McCarney in an Erin Brokovic-like movie and she is an oscar contender.

But nobody writes such roles or wants to give the money to finance it.

Or just forget Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side" and put in Melissa. I guess it would work wonderfully.

I agree, but nobody is gonna offer those roles to a fat actress, sadly. In fact, Erin Brockovich was supposed to have men lusting after her, which she used it to her advantage, but studio executives would never think (in their myopic lil brains) that an overweight person is sexually attractive to anybody. 

Another thing, funny how nobody complained when Angelina plays the same badass action chick in all her pre-Maleficent hits, and nobody complained when Julia Roberts played the same wide-eyed, toothy gal in all of her big smashes, and nobody complains when actresses play the same ole sexpot, but MM does the same ole schtick, and it's disgusting, sloppy, tired, whatever.

• Like 1

I agree, but nobody is gonna offer those roles to a fat actress, sadly. In fact, Erin Brockovich was supposed to have men lusting after her, which she used it to her advantage, but studio executives would never think (in their myopic lil brains) that an overweight person is sexually attractive to anybody. 

Another thing, funny how nobody complained when Angelina plays the same badass action chick in all her pre-Maleficent hits, and nobody complained when Julia Roberts played the same wide-eyed, toothy gal in all of her big smashes, and nobody complains when actresses play the same ole sexpot, but MM does the same ole schtick, and it's disgusting, sloppy, tired, whatever.

Well those people are obviously hypocrites then. I know I'll eventually complain if any actor does the same thing in every movie of theirs and especially if they have success with it. Because doing the same thing over and over isn't real talent and doesn't deserve to be rewarded. However, I do sympathize with McCarthy because I'm sure her roles available to her are limited and now she's really been typecast into this particular role.

• Like 1

When predicting Trans4mers' drop for next weekend remember that every weekday was ~650k higher than the "actual"  ;)

But Paramount may have backed themselves into a corner, because there's no way in fuck they'll gonna allow TF4 to go sub-7 or finish below TAMMY (IMO). :lol:

• Like 2