MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

Yeah but dat final episode tho

(Your assessment is accurate, season 3 is the best. Half Measures > Everything)

Just from s3 I think Fly, One Minute, Full Measures are all better than Half Measures. killer last scene in that one though.

• Like 1

I can't stand Roberts, so I couldn't be happier she and her nightmare smile didn't ruin either role for me. Bullock is easier to watch and more likable even when she's doing shit roles than Roberts in her BS oscar winning roles.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

I can't stand Roberts, so I couldn't be happier she and her nightmare smile didn't ruin either role for me. Bullock is easier to watch and more likable even when she's doing shit roles than Roberts in her BS oscar winning roles.

I like them both. They both are great. Julia couldn't be topped in her hey day. Come on now. She only had 1 Oscar winning role anyway.

• Like 2

Just from s3 I think Fly, One Minute, Full Measures are all better than Half Measures. killer last scene in that one though.

Half Measures is probably my 2nd favorite episode of the BB series, I forgot Ozymandias.

I don't mind Fly, but it's not my favorite. One Minute is pretty good...I can't remember much of Full Measures besides the ending though.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

I like them both. They both are great. Julia couldn't be topped in her hey day. Come on now. She only had 1 Oscar winning role anyway.

1 too many. And Roberts was at her most annoying in her "hey day." It's only in her more recent work I've been able to tolerate her in some things. She actually was decent in August for example.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Half Measures is probably my 2nd favorite episode, I forgot Ozymandias.

I don't mind Fly, but it's not my favorite. One Minute is pretty good...I can't remember much of Full Measures besides the ending though.

most of full measures is just beautiful build-up. and that great shoot-out scene w/ mike. the ending is crazy intense. especially when it first aired and there were fears that AMC might not renew the show so i was thinking anything could've happened.

• Like 2

I kind of agree with you. I don't see the alternative though. People want to see her in those types of roles. People want her to play characters like the one from The Heat. Eventually, people will get tired of seeing her in those types of roles. However, this is what made her famous, so she really has to take advantage of it.

The alternative? The alternative is to make use of her being good, instead of doing the same over and over again.

That's exactly the way a singer like Madonna had a career like this: Make something good and then go on, make something completely different and even better. And to find the way back to hollywood: Here we are with Meryl Streep. She is one of the rare examples in hollywood, she did the Madonna thing. She is all the characters she plays, she is NOT doing a job nowdays, because she was given a chance and of course because she is the best and absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2

Poor Julia Roberts. She turned down The Blind Side and The Proposal. 

And then she got paid like 20 million for a 5 minute appearance in Valentine's Day

• Like 2

most of full measures is just beautiful build-up. and that great shoot-out scene w/ mike. the ending is crazy intense. especially when it first aired and there were fears that AMC might not renew the show so i was thinking anything could've happened.

Hard to believe how relatively "unpopular" the show was at one time. It's so damn massive at this point it's almost inescapable.

• Like 1

Hard to believe how relatively "unpopular" the show was at one time. It's so damn massive at this point it's almost inescapable.

Honestly I think it's almost better that way. Hard to keep that kind of hype forever, capturing it at the end means a bunch of people went back and checked out the entire show, instead of watching from the beginning and gradually losing interest

• Like 5

And to find the way back to hollywood: Here we are with Meryl Streep. She is one of the rare examples in hollywood, she did the Madonna thing. She is all the characters she plays, she is NOT doing a job nowdays, because she was given a chance and of course because she is the best and absolutely brilliant.

Are you actually comparing a 21st century comedy star with a 1980s dramatic actress? Because they are worlds apart, in more ways than one.

• Like 1

didn't know a single person who had even heard of it when I started watching it. they all thought the premise was silly. now every day I see someone in a Heisenberg t-shirt.

(and yes, I do like to pull the hipster "I liked it before it was cool" card. blow me)

• Like 5

Talking about Blind Side, I think 2009 was our last great great year of BO tracking and just pure great consistant hits...Avatar (duh)Blind Side ($30M opening, legged to $250 M over the holidays)Alvin 2 and Sherlock comboTransformers 2 ($200M 5-day, but mixed reception, how far could it go?)Terminator 4 (bombage)New Moon ($148M opening, November record after Twilight 1 that did $69/190)Star Trek (omg, breakout!)Hangover ($44M ow, legged it out to $277M)Up (average opening, great legs, can it get to $300M???)Wolverine Origins (surprise opening, then that Monday drop)Proposal ($30's opening, sexy summer legs)Taken and Paul Blart $100M January breakouts.Gran Torino $100M January legsPrincess and Frog (Disney return to 2D, black princess, how will it be accepted?)Bruno and F13 (huge openings, then huge drops)Gi Joe (surprise summer hit, where will it finish?)2012 (huge holiday opening)Watchmen (huge opening, then the drop)Ice Age (can it get $200M?)Public Enemies (can it hit $100M???)Funny People (Sandler fatigue?)Fast and Furious (holy shit, $30M OD? $70M weekend? Then drop)Notorious ($20M ow/$36M total, htf does that happen?)And a few other fun and leggy movies to track - Cloudy, HJNTITY, Basterds, Its Complicated, Couples Retreat, Up in the Air, G-Force, Xmas Carol, Julie and Julia, We havent had a year close to 2009 in terms of fun box office imo. Many of the movies were great fun as well. 2009 was a banner year from start to finish, we havent had anything close since.

• Like 5

Imax 715. Sitting with 9 other drunk guys. We paid 40 bucks for 4 shots of Patrons. Maybe ill enjoy Trf4 this time.

• Like 5