MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

I would have liked the Blind Side a lot if they didn't overexaggerate the football player's problems. They made him look like the dumbest, shit out of luck guy in the world. He said they absolutely went overboard with that image.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

I feel The Blind Side is overly picked on cause of its massive success and awards attention. Sure it maybe didn't "deserve" all that, but it's far from a bad movie. Had it made like 100m and not gotten all those Oscar noms I think most of the hate it gets wouldn't be there.

Well I would like to say that it deserved all that it got. 

• Like 2

Umm. She co-wrote the script with her husband who is directing the movie. She is also attached to a similar movie with similar character to be directed by her husband. She has her schtick and it is making her rich. There is nothing sad about it.

Who knows how many scripts they wrote, that were denied by the sudios?She's an actress and it's her job and that's it for her so far in hollywood. It's a job, but i'm not sure if a woman with her weight has the chance to make it more than a job, in the superficial world of hollywood and its stereotypes.

• Like 1

I would have liked the Blind Side a lot if they didn't overexaggerate the football player's problems. They made him look like the dumbest, shit out of luck guy in the world. He said they absolutely went overboard with that image.

The book -- obviously -- is much, much better at presenting a more nuanced picture.

• Like 3

McCartney is another victim of hollywoods cashcow-writing.

In the not so distant future, everybody will hate her for playing the same role ever and ever again and people will forget how brilliant she was, when she did it for the first time.

McCartney is such a great actress, she was a warmhearted mum in Gilmore Girls, where her weight never was an issue. Something, you have to search for in movies. She was just there and was great.

Today she is reduced to be overweight and a bad girl.

And she probably doesn't even have a real choice, because I guess, that there are just no other options for her to play, no offers, so she has to take the money and do the job.

I think it's sad.

I kind of agree with you. I don't see the alternative though. People want to see her in those types of roles. People want her to play characters like the one from The Heat. Eventually, people will get tired of seeing her in those types of roles. However, this is what made her famous, so she really has to take advantage of it.

• Like 2

I don't know why some are making fun of her for being fat or overweight. It's not like she wrote the script or had a say in it. She's just an actress trying to do her job and make money.

She did write and direct Tammy or had a part in it.
  • Like 1

breaking bad season 4:

omg! gus slit that guy's throat!

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

crawl space

etc.

Yeah but dat final episode tho

(Your assessment is accurate, season 3 is the best. Half Measures > Everything)

• Like 1

Who knows how many scripts they wrote, that were denied by the sudios?She's an actress and it's her job and that's it for her so far in hollywood. It's a job, but i'm not sure if a woman with her weight has the chance to make it more than a job, in the superficial world of hollywood and its stereotypes.

There aren't that many fat leading men in Hollywood either. I am not saying that there aren't double standards because there are but Melissa McCarthy is NOT a victim. She has developed a schtick that works for her. period.

• Like 2