MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

McCarthy was on the The Gilmore Girls for years playing a sweet upbeat perky chef who was the only one in the cast to have a long term stable romantic relationship.

Oh, I know. I'm not saying she can't play that sort of role, just questioning if she wants to. Other people think she's being pigeonholed or stereotyped by the movie characters she plays now, but does she see it that way? Look at the clout she had to get Tammy out there with her husband (who?) directing and a studio backing it. Would the studio have completely refused if she were playing someone who was still funny, but not so crass and over the top? It would still be Melissa McCarthy in a comedy. Keep the budget down, have enough laughs and the studio probably says okay. Yet, here we are with her doing the same old schtick in yet another movie. It's the sort of thing she does when she has free reign on SNL. Why do people think she had more freedom to do what she wanted when she got the roles in Gilmore Girls or Mike & Molly? Maybe those are the roles that she had to take but doesn't necessarily prefer.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

Personally, I just assumed "passion project" meant something she developed with her husband and got to work with him, as opposed to some artistic challenge. There are different meanings and reasons why people choose to do what they do, you know. :)

• Like 4

Past fourth of July movies:2001: Scary Movie 2, ugh. Cats and Dogs, good family movie.2002: Powerpuff Girls: good family movie.2003: Terminator 3: ugh2004: Spidey 2: best film of 20042005: War of the Worlds: great film2006: Supermen Returns: decent2007: Transformers: love it2009: Ice Age 3: love it2010: Last Airbender: ugh2011: Transformers 3: love it2012: Amazing Spidey Man: love it2013: Despicable Me 2: goodHave yet to see Hancock, you guys like it?

Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Like 1

After seeing STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and STAR TREK today (yes, in that order :unsure:) I have concluded that ST3 desperately needs Tyler Perry. :D I still think that there hasn't been a better blockbuster since ST09.

• Like 2

Personally, I just assumed "passion project" meant something she developed with her husband and got to work with him, as opposed to some artistic challenge. There are different meanings and reasons why people choose to do what they do, you know. :)

Yup. It's a passion project for her in the same way Hercules is a passion project for the Rock.
  • Like 1

Have yet to see Hancock, you guys like it?

We were discussing this earlier. I liked it but I haven't seen it since I was 9.

good quote from that movie though: "I swear to Christ, your head is going up the driver's ass, his head is going up your ass, and you drew the short stick, cause your head is going up my ass!"

• Like 1