MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

I actually kinda wish ETE was having more success. Looks like a cute little film for the kids to enjoy over the holiday. So ET came out, what, 1983? That's even 10 years before I was born, and we're talking about kids born in 2003 seeing Echo? I don't care about the ET comparisons, all movies do it. It's not like ETE is any threat to ET at all.

As for Tammy, I know CS is pretty much useless, but C+? For a comedy? That's not good. Hmm, looking at Twitter now, it may actually be believable...

Neither ETE or Tammy cost much, so not much is riding on either film to be a huge success.

What's great about the CONTACT shot isn't that it's a cool, nice, long tracking shot (though it is), it's how the ending is a complete misdirect. When I first saw it back in '97, it was an absolutely "holy shit! how did they do that?" moment. The other famous long tracking shots are also more than the sum of their technological parts: the lack of cutting either introduces geography and characters in a very organic and immersive way (like THE PLAYER and TOUCH OF EVIL or GRAVITY), or it completely envelopes you in the reality of the moment without the artifice of cutting (most of Tarkovsky's work).

The CF shot is a neat technical shot, and it looks cool, but it doesn't really do anything more than that.

:sadno:

Yes, I've seen it. It's cool, but also a bit pointless and seems done more for the sake of doing it than any inherent artistic value (over most of the movie, anyway).... the last chunk of it, dealing with the ballroom dance, is very impressive.

I did not see it but when I heard about it, while obviously being impressed, I immediately thought that it was done just for the sake of doing it.

Edited by darkelf

Well, this is unexpected, especially since everyone thought the case was done.

‘Midnight Rider’ Filmmakers Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter In Death Of Sarah Jones

Prosecutors in Georgia’s Wayne County today charged filmmakersRandall MillerJody Savin and Jay Sedrish with involuntary manslaughter and criminal trespass in the February death of 27-year-old camera assistant Sarah Elizabeth Jones. Jones was killed on a train trestle while filming a scene for the Gregg Allman biopic Midnight Rider.

The accident happened on February 20, when Jones was struck by a freight train. The film’s crew members were on the tracks of the Doctortown train trestle for the shoot by Unclaimed Freight Productions Inc., the production company owned by Miller and Savin.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Thats true, Tele. Idk how we got in the discussion of tracking shots, I was amazed at the "mirror switch". Im still looking at it. And Gravity is probably my favorite visual wise. The cinematogrpahy just captivated me like no movie has, and space is the ultimate movie setting. Hail Interstellar for more space shots.

Neither ETE or Tammy cost much, so not much is riding on either film to be a huge success.

Not talking about budgets. Im saying I wish more people would go see it. Edited by Jandrew

Fault in Our Stars w/ estimates

Wed: 0.69

Th: +23% - 0.85

Fr: 0.91

Sat: 1.31

Sun: 0.93

3day/5day

3.15/4.69, ($1688/location for 3 day), 116.64 total

Mon: 0.56

Tues: 0.62

Wed: 0.64

Thurs: 0.59

total - 119.05

Friday: 0.81

Sat: 0.84

Sun: 0.59

weekend: 2.24 ($1358/location), 121.29 total

Mon-Th = 0.353 x 4 = 1.41 = 122.70 total

should surpass 125M w/ ease.

2.60 multiplier minimum

if opening friday = opening saturday and 125 total still happened, the OW would have been 34.62 and the multiplier would be 3.61

Into The Storm did everything to mimic Twister except one thing....it forgot to give us a cast we recognize. Big fucking mistake. They spend all this money on terrific effects and they cant pony up for a 2014 version of Bill Paxton Helen Hunt and Cary Elwes. Shame.Trailer looks awesome but no cast makes it less appealing.

The trailer for Into The Storm left me pretty "meh!".

:sadno:

Nothing wrong with being a cool shot. :) It's just not an all-time classic, that's all.

I did not see it but when I heard about it, while obviously being impressed, I immediately thought that it was done just for the sake of doing it.

Yeah, I mean, it's a visual tour through a museum. It's almost closer to performance art than anything else.

Well, this is unexpected, especially since everyone thought the case was done.

Miserable terrible story all around.

• Like 2