#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

I wouldnt call it better than Star Trek, but I am a hard core trekkie, so... yeah. That opinion aint going to change anytime soon.

It wasn't better than TOS or TNG to me, but it was slightly better or maybe on par with DS9, and way better than the other Treks.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 3

Just finished the Purge, best thing about it was the score.(surprising that this was the composer's first film!)

My favorite part was not dropping melted metal on my finger, possibly because that was my least favorite part of the second film of the double feature :P

Which version?

I assume it's just the standard theatrical US cut, but I couldn't tell ya with certainty.

EDIT: I also see a made for TV version with Keira Knightley. Lol, no.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

It wasn't better than TOS or TNG to me, but it was slightly better or maybe on par with DS9, and way better than the other Treks.

DS9 took until season 4 to get its shit together. Once the end of four came around, it got to be a really great show. Before that, it was merely passable.

• Like 2

I think I watched Will Smith punch an alien around 10 times since yesterday. Seriously, how many channels are playing ID4 this weekend? Is it the default 4th of July movie?

Well it is called, Independence Day.

• Like 4

So is B5 better than the BSG reboot?

On the whole, I would say yes, though obviously BSG has far better VFX. The first couple of seasons of BSG are arguably superior, but the show did start to fizzle out toward the end. The strength is B5 is the on-going story: while each episode (for the most part) is constructed like a stand-alone ep (at the time, arcs on TV were considered verboten), the B-stories in even the lesser episodes often contain key moments and continuations of the greater story, so as you watch, it's like one giant tapestry coming together. Combine that with the fact that it's a very mythic and grand show with remarkably vigorous worldbuilding (JMS has repeatedly said one of his inspirations was LOTR) and the cumulative effect is very strong. The ending of the finale is powerful stuff. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

I assume it's just the standard theatrical US cut, but I couldn't tell ya with certainty.

EDIT: I also see a made for TV version with Keira Knightley. Lol, no.

:(

I love that one too. :D

• Like 1

:(

I love that one too. :D

To be honest, I never knew it existed. If I'm going to see Zhivago in any way, it's gonna be the Lean version. Guy defines epics.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

On the whole, I would say yes, though obviously BSG has far better VFX. The first couple of seasons of BSG are arguably superior, but the show did start to fizzle out toward the end. The strength is B5 is the on-going story: while each episode (for the most part) is constructed like a stand-alone ep (at the time, arcs on TV were considered verboten), the B-stories in even the lesser episodes often contain key moments and continuations of the greater story, so as you watch, it's like one giant tapestry coming together. Combine that with the fact that it's a very mythic and grand show with remarkably vigorous worldbuilding (JMS has repeatedly said one of his inspirations was LOTR) and the cumulative effect is very strong. The ending of the finale is powerful stuff.

I'll add the discs to my queue
  • Like 2