#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

so anyway today I found out I gotta go to seattle at the end of the month. what's in seattle?

I am. Awesome city. I hope you enjoy it here.

(I suppose if you want to meet up with another forum member, send me a PM, but I can understand wanting to avoid internet folks as well.)

I found a theater in seattle where all the reviews are pretty much exclusively talking about how good the chocolate popcorn is, so I must go there.

also bruce lee's grave, I guess?

Ooh, the Cinerama. Yeah. It's a great theater. The chocolate popcorn is to die for. Every time I go there, I buy a large, just so I have extra to take home to eat over the next few days. It's also got great sound, a huge screen, top notch projector, and comfy seats.

If you're here at the end of the month, it is probably the place to see Guardians of the Galaxy. (Assuming it's playing there.)

For other stuff to see in the city:

Seattle Center has The Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, The Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum, as well as various events that happen. Depending on when you're here, Bumbershoot may be happening that weekend, which is a pretty massive music festival.

While the Space Needle is pretty iconic, the tallest building in the city is Columbia Tower, which does have an observation deck.

Pike Place Market is always worth a visit, just to stroll through. And it can be fun to go down the steps to walk along the waterfront. You can check out Seattle's new Great Wheel, although it'll seem pretty small compared to the London Eye.

Bruce Lee's grave you've mentioned. Brandon Lee's is in the same cemetary. Jimi Hendrix, is around here, too, although he's actually in Renton, not Seattle.

There's plenty of other stuff (museums, neighborhoods, whatever may strike your interest). But I won't spam up the board with everything.

• Like 2

Seeing such a depressing weekend is disappointing, but at the same time, I'm glad to see TF4 tank so a higher quality film like Apes 2 can come in and potentially take the summer crown.

That's a huge maybe though. I'm gonna say that if Apes does take the summer it will be because of fantastic WOM rather than a huge OW. I just can't see it opening huge when so many other higher profile films couldn't get past the 100 barrier (and yes I'm including TransFudgers: Age of Deception too).

• Like 4

Da hellI write y'all the greatest fanfic in prose format this forum has ever seen, but instead you guys go into a derail about video game music of all things??SmhPS the best music from a video game is this anyway

• Like 3

Da hellI write y'all the greatest fanfic in prose format this forum has ever seen, but instead you guys go into a derail about video game music of all things??SmhPS the best music from a video game is this anyway

I mean it's funny (cause of the lyrics), but it's hardly a great piece of music imo...

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

13th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:32 PM:Transformers: Age of Extinction is expected to take in around $14M to $14.5M Saturday night (+34.4%) on track for a possible $35M to $36M three weekend and a $53M or so five-day for Paramount Pictures. Tammy took in between $8M and $8.3M today — up around 28% — for an estimated three-day gross of around $20M+ and a five-day expected at $32M for Warner Bros. While Sony/MGM’s 22 Jump Street is taking the No. 3 spot for the weekend with a $9.32M estimate and a $14M+ five-day gross.

The other two openers: Sony’s Deliver Us From Evil got around a 53% increase night to night to take in around $3.85M and is now expected to scare in around $8.85M to $9M+ for the three-day weekend and $14.27M for the five-day. Relativity’s Earth to Echo may take in $7.5M for three-day and around $12.7M to $13M. The family film unearthed around $2.7M on Saturday for a small 2.6% bump.

Meanwhile, Fox/DreamWork Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon 2 looks like it grossed about $3.1M and now is expected to have a three-day gross of $8.3M and a five-day gross of $12.74M to $13M. It’s a horse race still.

Deadline

TF4 - $14M to $14.5M

Tammy  - $8M ~ $8.3M

• Like 4

I mean it's funny (cause of the lyrics), but it's hardly a great piece of music imo...

Well I don't really know video game musicGive me a movie score derail and I cCan talk but that's probably too on topic lol
  • Like 1

Seeing such a depressing weekend is disappointing, but at the same time, I'm glad to see TF4 tank so a higher quality film like Apes 2 can come in and potentially take the summer crown.

I don't understand this line of thinking..

Did TASM underperforming help Godzilla's leg? Did Godzilla's poor leg help DOFP's opening weekend number? Did HTTYD2's disappointing number help AOE to cross 100mil? Did EOT benefit from any of the above? My point is, why happy for ANY poor numbers at all when every poor number would just make the boring summer even more boring.

I know most people hate TF4 but to celebrate the movie's downfall even though this summer could use it's performance to spice thing up is sickening.

Let's everything flop and die then. Nobody deserves any candies unless you're a Maleficent's fan.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 6

I don't understand this line of thinking..Did TASM underperforming help Godzilla's leg? Did Godzilla's poor leg help DOFP's opening week? Did HTTYD2's disappointing number help AOE to cross 100mil? Did EOT benefited from any of the above? My point is, why happy for ANY poor numbers at all when every poor number would just make the boring summer even more boring.I know most people hate TF4 but to celebrate the movie's downfall even though this summer could use it's performance to spice thing up is sickening.Let's everything flop and die then.

Singling out TF 4 this weekend is weird as all movies had shitty Saturday jumps , not just TF4. Dragon. 2, the movie everyone here gushes about jumped a whopping 7% Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3

I don't understand this line of thinking.. Did TASM underperforming help Godzilla's leg? Did Godzilla's poor leg help DOFP's opening week? Did HTTYD2's disappointing number help AOE to cross 100mil? Did EOT benefited from any of the above? My point is, why happy for ANY poor numbers at all when every poor number would just make the boring summer even more boring. I know most people hate TF4 but to celebrate the movie's downfall even though this summer could use it's performance to spice thing up is sickening. Let's everything flop and die then.

I'm "celebrating" TF4's downfall? Exaggeration much?I even admitted that it's a disappointing/depressing weekend. Calm down. I'm merely saying another movie deserves the summer crown and I think most people would agree with me.
  • Like 2

Singling out TF 4 this weekend is weird as all movies had shitty Saturday jumps , not just TF4. Dragon. 2, the movie everyone here gushes about jumped a whopping 7%

You take every chance you get to take a shot at Dragon, it's really puzzling. Even mojo guy has moved on from that.
  • Like 1

You take every chance you get to take a shot at Dragon, it's really puzzling. Even mojo guy has moved on from that.

People bad mouth films here all the time. Like Tf4 or Maleficent. . Why should Dragon 2 be immune from anyone saying anything about it? Talking about its Saturday Increase fits with the thread topic and it shows that despite being a liked film, it's not immune from this crappy weekend Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Tons of people are probably saving their money for Mockingjay part 1. :rofl:

Honestly, the three most talked about movies over the past 3-4 months haven't been TF4 or Apes or X-Men or Maleficent (or Mockingjay or Interstellar), it's been Avengers, Star Wars, and BvS.

Those mega-projects have stolen all the hype from this year's movies.

• Like 3