#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

People bad mouth films here all the time. Why should Dragon 2 be immune from anyone saying anything about it? Talking about its Saturday Increase fits with the thread topic and it shows that despite being a liked film, it's not immune from this crappy weekend

The point is that you were singling it out, instead of saying something more intelligent like "all kids films, including Dragon, ETE, and Malef had bad Saturday increases. That's strange and unexpected."

• Like 2

I'm "celebrating" TF4's downfall? Exaggeration much?I even admitted that it's a disappointing/depressing weekend. Calm down. I'm merely saying another movie deserves the summer crown and I think most people would agree with me.

Sorry though I quoted you it wasn't just your comment that I replied to. There're quite a few comments posted right after RTH's estimates saying things along the line of "So happy this crappy movie doesn't do well, serve it right!". There're better movies that DESERVE to do better and too bad that they don't. There's no need to wish for the movie that has more potential to do worse just so the movies that are already underperformed can out-perform it. I want this summer to be more alive and it bugs me that some people would rather have a more boring summer just to see the movie they hate doing badly.

• Like 1

This is so fucking sad. I'm on Catalina Island and I asked the barman to charge my phone behind the bar so I could check the box office. Also, Andie MacDowell is randomly here. 

Love Catalina Island. Have been there twice, and am planning to go again before the summer ends. It is an amazing spot honestly, part of LA county but unlike anything in LA.

• Like 2

People bad mouth films here all the time. Like Tf4 or Maleficent. . Why should Dragon 2 be immune from anyone saying anything about it? Talking about its Saturday Increase fits with the thread topic and it shows that despite being a liked film, it's not immune from this crappy weekend

My reference wasn't about your specific post. Just a trend in your posts that you rarely pass up the chance to take a shot at httyd 2. You obviously have every right to rip any movie you want, but it gets to the point where you're beating a dead horse. Everyone understands that Dragon is a big BO dissapointment
  • Like 1

Yikes, Dragon 2 not getting to at least 3 million Saturday is frightening.  Hopefully the official number gets it there.  The word of mouth among parents must be that it is too intense, too scary, too emotional, and not silly enough.  That is really my only explanation now. Parents are just being way too overprotective.

Posted Image

• Like 2

American moviegoing is dying. That's the only thing I can say.

It was supposed to be a deflated Friday, then films were to jump 60% on Saturday. Instead, we got a deflated weekend?

• Like 1

Last straw Claire. Done with your shading Maleficent.

Posted Image

I just don't want Maleficent as the big movie of the summer. I'm sorry.

Posted Image

I mean, it's good. I enjoyed it, but no, boo.

Don't mean I'm shading. It just means I'm real.

Edited by Claire Jean Holt
  • Like 6