#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Malf scoring smallest drop yet in 6th weekend Posted Image

Also scoring the lowest drop in the top 10 this weekend. 

And has officially more than tripled its opening weekend. Something Alice, Show White & The Huntsman and Oz all failed to do. 

Posted Image

Ugh... I hate the Kermit meme with every fiber of my being

TF 5 could use a Jeff Nathanson type to handle script duties

And a runtime of 135 minutes.

Don't forget Sharlto Copley! He's a huge draw!

• Like 1

So TF4 is falling close to 65% this weekend. HAHAHA!!! I actually doubt I'll see it in theatres now. Saw a local comedy on Friday, Apes is 2 weeks away here, And I have a secret screening a week Tuesday. Where the hell do I find time to justify seeing a nearly 3 hour long Transformers movie?!

• Like 1

So TF4 is falling close to 65% this weekend. HAHAHA!!! I actually doubt I'll see it in theatres now. Saw a local comedy on Friday, Apes is 2 weeks away here, And I have a secret screening a week Tuesday. Where the hell do I find time to justify seeing a nearly 3 hour long Transformers movie?!

Which local comedy? Mrs Brown's Boys?

Sad, sad weekend :lol: The worst Summer of all-time continues. I told you all. I warned you this was gonna be pure shit!

Eh. I "like" a lot about this summer :ph34r:

I have an easy way to make Transformers 5 do well in NA.  And it's really simple.

It needs to pull a Fast and Furious franchise move and unite the casts from past and present.  Get Shia, Meagan, his parents, Tyrese, Duhamel, Turturro and Wahlberg all in the same film.  Cut the run time down to 125-130 minutes and I am 99.99% positive that you would see it go back over 300 mill.

Heck, just 125-130 min would get it to 300M. What you're suggesting would get it to 400M IMO

Bring back the chick from the third movie too; would love to see a cat fight between her and Megan

• Like 1

Even if you removed the 3D surcharge from pirates 4, would the resulting gross be as much of a drop off from the previous film as TF4 will eventually be to TF3.

it's honestly not a big deal at all for a fourth installment in an episodic franchise to drop from its predecessors. It's people online that like to laugh at them because they don't like the franchise in question. Still if this is the only franchise they are relying on (unlike Disney) they should find a way to shake things up next time around. 

• Like 2

By local comedy you don't mean Mrs Browns Boys, do you? If so, you may as well watched Transformers...
  • Like 1

Maleficent Is The Only Non-Superhero Movie To Cross $600 Million In 2014

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Maleficent-Non-Superhero-Movie-Cross-600-Million-43754.html

Thank God for Angelina. 

Personally when I see the trailer for yet another superhero movie I have to resist the urge to projectile vomit all over the screen...and I used to love superhero movies. 

• Like 3

Maleficent Is The Only Non-Superhero Movie To Cross $600 Million In 2014

Nothing against Maleficent but I really hate when people start pulling up these nonsensical, weirdly specific milestones

• Like 12

Another thought - would the TF franchise have been better if it had been J.J. Abrams directing? Even with Shia and Megan in the leads, and Kurtzman and Orci writing?

Hypothetically, it could be. However, that would mean a Michael Bay-directed Star Trek movie which sounds god-awful. Keep him on Transformers; we got a pretty good first movie and a decent third movie out of it