CoolioD1

Wednesday Actuals: TF4 - 3.68M (pg 10)

some early theater counts, though a number of movies are still missing

> NEW RELEASES 1 - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Fox 3,966 - - 1 34 - Boyhood IFC 5 - - 1 36 - Land Ho! Sony Classics 4 - - 1 > EXPANDING 12 27 Begin Again Weinstein Company 939 +764 +436.6% 3 13 14 Chef Open Road Films 701 +15 +2.2% 10 14 21 Snowpiercer Radius-TWC 354 +104 +41.6% 3 15 22 The LEGO Movie Warner Bros. 350 +110 +45.8% 23 16 18 Blended Warner Bros. 335 +30 +9.8% 8 19 42 Third Person Sony Classics 227 +193 +567.6% 4 23 48 Fed Up Radius-TWC 20 +4 +25.0% 10 24 55 Venus in Fur IFC 19 +7 +58.3% 4 26 62 Yves Saint Laurent Weinstein Company 14 +4 +40.0% 3 27 71 Hellion IFC 11 +4 +57.1% 5 38 93 The Hornet's Nest Freestyle Releasing 2 +1 +100.0% 10 > NO CHANGE 3 2 Tammy Warner Bros. 3,465 - - 2 4 5 Earth to Echo Relativity 3,230 - - 2 5 6 Deliver Us From Evil Sony / Screen Gems 3,049 - - 2 10 12 America (2014) Lionsgate 1,105 - - 3 21 39 Island of Lemurs: Madagascar (IMAX) Warner Bros. 41 - - 15 32 73 Gore Vidal: United States of Amnesia IFC 6 - - 8 > DECLINING 2 1 Transformers: Age of Extinction Paramount 3,913 -320 -7.6% 3 6 3 22 Jump Street Sony / Columbia 2,811 -513 -15.4% 5 7 8 Maleficent Buena Vista 2,077 -312 -13.1% 7 8 7 Jersey Boys Warner Bros. 1,968 -662 -25.2% 4 9 10 Think Like a Man Too Sony / Screen Gems 1,231 -498 -28.8% 4 11 11 Edge of Tomorrow Warner Bros. 1,103 -435 -28.3% 6

Lego Movie again adding more Theaters? Warner Bros. is just don't giving up in their hunt for Cap 2. :rofl:

Batman: Assault on Arkham

Still having several hundred hours left of community service to perform after being found guilty of a false accusation for "willful negligence", I have had to find creative ways to pass the time until all of my required hours have been completed. Granted, I still think I made the better choice when the judge said I could join the military instead. However, The thought of having to shave my faint mustache to conform to their regulations does not appeal to me.

Lately, I have been working at a senior living called Sunnyvale Rest Home (or something like that. . . don't really care) in the evenings. By the time I get there, most of the "residents" and asleep. Those who are awake, simply sit in a vegetative drooling state in front of the television in the common area. That's when I come in, move them out of the way so I can prop my feet up on the table while lying on the couch and watch MY shows.

Once in a while, one of them will pipe up and tell me they were watching a family home movie or that game show `Jeopardey'.Usually, if I am feeling "kind", I will just roll them into another room. For the rest of the time, I will just roll them right outside since there is a ramp and then they can't get back inside and bother me. The ramp is pretty steep. They can be very annoying if they get back inside the common area.

While I was on lock down at the detention center, I had quite a bit of time to play video games. More particularly, the Batman Arkham video games were the ones that I invested a considerable amount of time into. Some guy "Mister Blowmen" (I think he was called, but he dubiously kept changing his name whenever he felt heat from authorities) would bring us the games once to twice a week. He encouraged each of us to look him up when we got out. He even offered to pick us up if we didn't have a rid, but I never bothered. Something didn't ever seem quite right with him. He came off a bit too 'strong' and it wasn't the liberal amount of AquaVelva and Ben Gay (medicated rub) that he wore.

Naturally, I was excited for this movie. Having made the right "connections" per say while serving time in the detention center afforded me the ability to obtain the movie prior to its general release to the public. I have every bit of confidence in all the other reviews posted about the movie have similar connections.

All in all, the animation was pretty much what all the DC animated moves with a decent story line. However, I struggled with it since it is loosely based on the games and not one specific story. That is, until one of the defiant slipper and robe-wearing elderly residents took a hold of the game from the blue-ray player, threw it on the floor and proceeded to walk over it with their walker.

Although, I am not legally able to talk about what took place afterwards, the one thing that I can say I am most upset about is not being able to finish the movie.
  • Like 3

Planes 2 - 3,600

Purge 2 - 2,800

Sex Tape - 3,000

Wish I Was Here - 60

Almost read that as Planes 2 - 2,600 and then thought to myself, "why the low theater count", then I looked it again and went "oops, my bad".

Heh!

• Like 1

If you're trying to get likes, you're doing it wrong.Nothing to see here.

Im actually trying to breathe some life into this dead forum.And get likes. The struggled climb to 100% ratio is real.

Fox has been dropping the bar on marketing every movie of their's this summer. Not because they aren't exposed, because I did see ads for X-Men, Fault, Apes, and Dragon on TV. Their marketing issue is that none of their movies are made to look like events in the marketing, even though all four of those listed could easily with a good marketing behind them be "event movies."

The only movie this summer with truly "event" marketing was Godzilla.

what are you talking about? DOFP had two extremely well received trailers and Dragon 2 had ads everywhere in the channels needed to appeal to kids. And Fault is performing a how a movie like that should. 

Edited by John Marston

Im actually trying to breathe some life into this dead forum.

And get likes. The struggled climb to 100% ratio is real.

By posting Scarlett Jo? You're doing it wrong.

Posted Image

• Like 8

Fox has been dropping the bar on marketing every movie of their's this summer. Not because they aren't exposed, because I did see ads for X-Men, Fault, Apes, and Dragon on TV. Their marketing issue is that none of their movies are made to look like events in the marketing, even though all four of those listed could easily with a good marketing behind them be "event movies."The only movie this summer with truly "event" marketing was Godzilla.

Agree with Godzilla being "event" status worthy. Marvel's trying like hell to expose Guardians enough to it to event status.

Yup 75-100m.

Yeah, I kind of think Purge Anarchy is going to surprise a lot of folks here, just because something has to.

This summer has had very few surprises. Nothing really breaking out, and nothing really being an uber-flop either. (And of course, Purge 2 making something like 75-80 really wouldn't be a super huge breakout either.)