CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Franco didn't even audition for Anakin. Not sure if he was even approached (he was doing Spider-Man at the same time). But I think he would have done a much better job.

I also can't believe Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn't audition/wasn't approached. He also would have been superior. (And I could actually buy JGL aging into Sebastian Shaw...)

... he wasn't really working at that point...

Just saw Pringles promoting Apes on Twitter. No one talks about social media marketing. Theres more to marketing than tv spots and trailers. I still think Apes' marketing was effective. Let the haters hate, Fox.

Nah, I still think the marketing kinda sucked

Posted Image

this is what happens when your first gif is too big, so instead of rerecording it in a smaller framerate, you just chop out half the frames 

:unsure:

A combination of court testimony, documents and emails show that Pixar and Disney targeted Sony Pictures Animation starting in 2004 for refusing to become part of an alleged wage-fixing/no poaching cartel which the pair already had in place with both LucasFilm’s Industrial Light and Magic and Jeffrey Katzenberg’s DreamWorks Animation. Pixar internally branded Sony as "ruthless" for daring to offer higher salaries and better career opporunities to workers.

http://nikkifinke.com/part-2-pixar-tries-get-sony-join-alleged-wage-fixingno-recuiting-cartel/#sthash.DyvI30nR.dpuf

• Like 1

In news that makes me happier than it should, considering how much effort and people's time goes into making a TV show and how much I don't actually watch TV anymore, "How I Mt Your Dad" is finally officially dead and buried. Good riddance.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I'm not sure this will have great legs with GA.  Most of the movie is fairly slow paced and they cared more about the script than action/spectacle.

Couldn't you invert this and argue that's precisely why the movie will have legs with the older quadrants?

• Like 2

A combination of court testimony, documents and emails show that Pixar and Disney targeted Sony Pictures Animation starting in 2004 for refusing to become part of an alleged wage-fixing/no poaching cartel which the pair already had in place with both LucasFilm’s Industrial Light and Magic and Jeffrey Katzenberg’s DreamWorks Animation. Pixar internally branded Sony as "ruthless" for daring to offer higher salaries and better career opporunities to workers.http://nikkifinke.com/part-2-pixar-tries-get-sony-join-alleged-wage-fixingno-recuiting-cartel/#sthash.DyvI30nR.dpuf

Big news...but it could just be Nikki trying to smear Disney.
  • Like 1

1. Increase the line space

2. Start composing/revising a very long intro and or summation

would work at the old school where everything was turned in hard copy - unfortunately senior research topics don't have that luxury at my school....

• Like 1

A combination of court testimony, documents and emails show that Pixar and Disney targeted Sony Pictures Animation starting in 2004 for refusing to become part of an alleged wage-fixing/no poaching cartel which the pair already had in place with both LucasFilm’s Industrial Light and Magic and Jeffrey Katzenberg’s DreamWorks Animation. Pixar internally branded Sony as "ruthless" for daring to offer higher salaries and better career opporunities to workers.

http://nikkifinke.com/part-2-pixar-tries-get-sony-join-alleged-wage-fixingno-recuiting-cartel/#sthash.DyvI30nR.dpuf

What'd you expect.

Posted Image

• Like 2

DOG GOES WOOF, CAT GOES MEOW.

BIRD GOES TWEET, AND MOUSE GOES SQUEAK.

COW GOES MOO. FROG GOES CROAK, AND THE ELEPHANT GOES TOOT.

DUCKS SAY QUACK AND FISH GO BLUB, AND THE SEAL GOES OW OW OW.

BUT THERE'S ONE SOUND THAT NO ONE KNOWS...

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY????
  • Like 2

Any movie where the supernatural has a pivotal role is fantasy to me.

Well, we're largely picking nits about a grey area in the greater region of speculative fiction, but to me it comes down to how the events are explained in the context of story. Obviously all science fiction -- to some extent -- posits things that aren't possible or do not currently exist as we know it. But if those events and circumstances are explained in a "scientific" manner or via made-up technology, then it falls under science fiction. If they are explained via supernatural or magical elements, then it's fantasy. With AVATAR, the mind/body link is explained technologically, and the Eywa connection is explained "scientifically". If the exact same situations were presented using spells and incantations, it'd be fantasy. Two different paths to the same setup, though if you wanted to call AVATAR a space opera, I wouldn't disagree too much (though it's much more rooted in science than space operas usually are).
  • Like 1