CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

For purely selfish reasons, I hope APES comes in at 69.9 with actuals.

Pretty much. Because tracking and buzz in the week up made me pick sub-70 for BSG Week 11 I want those points. Since my preseason prediction was 76m, there is no difference for me point-wise between 56m and 71m, so it might as well drop below 70 if it drops below 71.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

I call Transformers money well spent.  I know I'm going to be entertained.  That's why I go to the movies.

Exactly.

It's funny how haters just assume people who enjoy TF movies have no idea what good movies are.

• Like 3

Not in the first seven weeks there weren't. Once again, just awful, awful scheduling all around.

Yes there was. Far bigger films opened in May and June last year all on top of each other and made far more money.  Spiderman dropped 62% against Neighbors which opened to $49m.  Godzilla dropped 65% on a Memorial Day W/e which is usually one of the most highly attended of the year.  DOFP dropped 60+% against Maleficent which is the only big movie this summer to have good legs.  Dragons opening and drops were disappointing for the first animated movie in months. T4 dropped 63% against Tammy which opened to only $21m and just had another big drop with a pretty open market place.

Last year May had Iron Man III, Fast & Furious 6 and SID in the same month - $409m, $239m, & $228m and still had room for Great Gatsby and Now You See Me. MOS had WWZ and MU coming out the next week - together.  And DM2 was out just a couple of weeks later.  Then there was The Heat, This Is The End, and Grown-Ups all doing more than $100m opening within weeks of each other.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Okay, which one I watch tonight: the '68 Planet of the Apes or the Mark Wahlberg version?

I've seen neither.

68 is one of the best films of all time imo.

• Like 1