CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I'm talking about POTA

star trek was on at the time it was released though. so audiences would be used to the idea of another planet filled with humans who speak english, and just bought into it w/ pota. it's part of why the twist works.

• Like 5

Just got back from seeing Apes. Great sequel. Hail Caesar! Congratulations to Fox for making the two best mainstream films of the summer. When was the last time we could say that?!

Well, Disney had Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean back in '03...
  • Like 1

Why? I know families right now who are broke as fuck and are just going to be saving their money to buy school supplies for next month.

I was suggesting this as a possibility in the Summer 2014 WWW? thread, so I'm intrigued to read posts like yours.
  • Like 1

It's been said a million times now, and normally I wouldn't bother saying it again, but in this case I have to. The GA does not think that the TF movies are shit, otherwise they wouldn't make so much money. 

Yeah, they would be makin Dark Shadows or The Lone Ranger numbers if the GA thought the movies looked like shit. I wasn't a big fan of the last TF movie, but I know a lot of people who did like it. I also know people who liked Maleficent over X-Men and Rio over Capt 2.

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Apes. Great sequel. Hail Caesar! Congratulations to Fox for making the two best mainstream films of the summer. When was the last time we could say that?!

2011: X-Men First Class and Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. 

• Like 11

Well, Disney had Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean back in '03...

And in '13 Warner Brothers won me over with Man of Steel and Pacific Rim.

And in 2006 there was Cars and Dead Man's Chest from Disney.

But nothing can beat Disney from the summer of 2002 with Lilo and Stitch and Signs. :)

I think he was talking about Fox specifically.
  • Like 4

Not all that surprising some parents even take their kids to Rated R Horror hype movies.

Hah, my dad did that with me when I was little. Aliens had to be the most scariest movie I saw in my child years, i just kept on turning away, and then my dad had had enough, grabbed me by the arm, turned me around and hissed "it's all fake, make believe, so stop being a pussy and watch the damn movie".

Today though, I do think the parents coddle their kids a bit too much.

• Like 1