CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I thought it was the best film of 1995. A beautiful gem of a movie.

What I find unbelievable is that Braveheart not only was nominated but won when it wasn't even the best Scottish rebel picture that year - Rob Roy was better

Nah, Braveheart may not have been the best film released that year (the Best Picture winners rarely are) but its totally a movie that the academy would nominate and select as the winner. It fits the profile perfectly and it had Gibson in his heyday.

• Like 1

Even more reason for me to laugh my ass off should TA2 drop below 500 million.

Lol red BKB and a few others will jump you my friend lol.. LOL

Im still laughing at one marvel loonie saying James Camerons film will be lucky to mak 400M

and Avengers2 is a lock for 650M Domestic... Neo and Archer and Tele must have fellout of their chair.

I mean even Josh Weddon says no one wants to compete against Juggernaut 2016.. And Cameron

is the yoda we all just sit back and try to follow.

Seems to me their own director is admitting defeat lol

• Like 1

James Cameron is a box office magnet.

Going to be real embarrassing for Avengers fans if it Fails to make 500-550M

and Avatar goes to 700-800+M Domestic and then  makes the entire run of Avatar WW OS alone..

Lol You Heard it here first lol.

• Like 1

and Avatar goes to 700-800+M Domestic and then  makes the entire run of Avatar WW OS alone..

Or it's gonna be embarassing if Avatar 2 struggles to even reach Avengers 1 numbers

• Like 2

And vice versa.

• Like 1

Nah, Braveheart may not have been the best film released that year (the Best Picture winners rarely are) but its totally a movie that the academy would nominate and select as the winner. It fits the profile perfectly and it had Gibson in his heyday.

True, unbelievable is the incorrect word.  The right word is "wrong".  It's believable knowing the Academy's profile like knowing Forrest Gump would win over Pulp Fiction and J Lawrence (because the Academy is filled with dirty old and not so old men) would beat out Riva.

• Like 1

Or it's gonna be embarassing if Avatar 2 struggles to even reach Avengers 1 numbers

That scenario is highly unlikely... You see the pattern of comic sequels and

the immenese of Avatar on HV , James Cameron Film Fanbase...

Avatar will beat Avengers 2 by 1.3. to 2billion or more.

Your talking about an ass kicking and thats a lock!

When Men take a 13 yr break and destroy their own unsinkable film domestic and worldwide.

Doubters betting on comic movie really need to sit in a corner.. This is James Cameron

nnot  a mere mortal your dealing with.

TTAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 2

True, unbelievable is the incorrect word.  The right word is "wrong".  It's believable knowing the Academy's profile like knowing Forrest Gump would win over Pulp Fiction and J Lawrence (because the Academy is filled with dirty old and not so old men) would beat out Riva.

Eh, thats when you know you have too much invested in something you can't control or doesn't effect you. I personally would have Liked Riva to win and Shawshank was better than Pulp by a mile (IMO) but I was satisfied with both their choices that time around. Its not like The Reader won in 2008 (although Slumdog was slumming it as far as BP winner's goes) when they Didn't even nominate TDK.

• Like 1

Oh and wins are a product of their time - I think Pulp would have a good chance of winning if it was released today while I could see Gump not even being nominated (same 5 picture rule that is).

• Like 1